AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 samyama question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  12:53:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello there everyone,

i find myself these days really exploring the ether/akasha space. its a very interesting feeling, this, and it really gives the witness state a whole new breadth and depth.

i have gotten away from intentional samyama lately, although i still do spontaneous style samyama when the mood strikes me and i am not practicing. i am interested in doing some samyama in this newfound akashic space which is so vast and still. truly vast, infinite.

my question is, yogani says to use words in samyama, but i would prefer just to use the intent or feeling sans words. i don't feel i need the words, they are just baggage, and it can call the essence of something without a name or description. can i just call forth the essence of my sutra from the heart, and let it emanate from there into the vastness of the space???

does that even make any sense?! hehehe, i hope so!

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  04:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Better to start with the word, but with time and practice it becomes more like what you are talking about...and yes,its more effective if you pck up the faint intention and release it in stillness. Anyway this comes alone as a natural part of the process and practice (like with the refinament of the i am mantra in dm).

pd- Akasha sutra is really powerful in my experience. Be careful:-)

Edited by - miguel on Oct 07 2010 04:24:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  12:43:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
cool miguel,

that's what i figured but wanted to get a second opinion or two ;)

just to note, i've been doing samyama for years even before i knew what samyama was, and i don't practice ayp style for the most part.

my sense is definitley that samyama in akashic space will be pretty mind blowing, i did it for a few minutes last night, and i really feel like this place is sooo cool! i've understood about the akasha for a while, but this is the first time i really get to play around in it 24/7. its pretty amazing.

anyone else have any experiences with samyama without words? or samyama in the akasha?
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  2:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey tonight

I could be wrong, but I think as long as you're clear on the intent, it should work well. At times, I've experienced the sutras becoming so subtle that they were practically wordless. And it was still effective, maybe moreso than times when the words were "louder".

In the lessons, Yogani mentions that the sutras will become "fuzzy" over time anyways, so I think you're good to go

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  2:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Cosmic,

it makes sense to me that this is the natural evolution of samyama, but of course its great to have others' takes on the matter because the experience of others can help you learn from their mistakes! (so you don't have to make them!)

:)
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  12:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tonight,

In my little experience with samyama, its more powerfull if u pick up the feeling that is behind the sutra. There were some treaths in the forum discussing it i think...
Doing this,the feelings during the practice of samyama are really absorving inwards, like if all the external world dissapears and you are pulled inwards...

I was using the akasha sutra also but i had to stop very quicly cz i felt i was floating on the air all the day, like if my body and head were very light and with no weight.

Edited by - miguel on Oct 08 2010 12:19:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  1:46:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah Miguel, i totally know what you mean about the akashic feeling.

Its so different from that "air" feeling, its just space, deep voidy space. Amazing feeling, but you can get lost in there!

Oh, btw, I'm listening to John Lennon. Would have been 70 day i read.

"god is a concept"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000