Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Intensity and frequency in meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  10:31:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

Im a bit distracted these days, so im not meditating as often as im used to. I find that the more pause is between the sessions, the more intense they are. Is this a sign that its probably too much anyway for me?

Edit: I should probably say, that they are intense in a positive way. I can let more go and im much more relaxed, when im not meditating that often.

Thanks
Pan

Edited by - Panthau on Sep 03 2010 03:15:29 AM

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  3:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Panthau,
IMO (without knowing all the detail), it might even be the other way round. Less frequency = less "drill depth" into subconscious layers = less resistance and more relaxation from "weekday stress" into "middle" (rather than into deep), which feels more pleasurable than a painstaking drill into some "mud" at the bottom. My interpretation of self pacing is to neither overdo nor "underdo"; to actively seek an optimum pace all the time. Typically, it brings about both periods of easy intense meditation and periods of friction.
A reliable indicator of being "on track" is: How does life feel after meditation, during the hours and days that follow (no matter how meditation time itself felt when I was there).

My 2 cents
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  03:41:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your 2 cents, ill take it into account :)
Go to Top of Page

DansInEveryWay

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  5:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i second that, Panthau. i've noticed the same if i miss a session or two...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000