Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Help needed SBP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  2:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

When I try to imagine the spinal nerve, it's as though my imagination seems to deliberately disobey me. The image gets jangled, jumps all over the place, and it seems I'm being blocked from imagining it.

I'm worried I'll do more harm than good, as currently my imaginings turn into some weird jangled thread, multiple pictures flash in my mind, and I feel the energy going in a really erratic path up and down my back.

Could anyone advise? Had similar experiences?

Many thanks

Josh

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  10:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Josh,

Recommend you don't try so hard to visualize-imagine your spinal nerve. Just be easy with it, a general sense of the spinal nerve is good enough, you don't have to see or visualize it clearly. Instead use your attention and feeling to trace the spinal nerve up and down with the kinesthetic sense of feeling. 90% of people are more kinesthetically oriented than visual. Utilizing the kinesthetic sense (feeling) to trace the spinal nerve up and down has helped many to awaken ecstatic conductivity. Be easy with this too. Spinal breathing and tracing the spine does not have to be effort-full. Hope this helps a little.

Love and Light,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  10:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"trying to imagine" is the problem. The best way is to easily over time come to favor the imaginings. The central point is following the breath up and down the central channel and the all the rest of the instructions. The imagining is just like the mantra, we don't force to be anything.

I have the same experience as you, so I relax on that part of it. Yesterday I wasn't even trying to do it, and suddenly I was imagining the whole thing, very clear; no direct visual picture yet, but who cares. I can look out the window and see a tree.

jo-self

Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  08:35:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Steve and Jo-Self, the two answers resolve my question perfectly.

I'm more kinaesthetically oriented, and I find it easier to trace the spinal nerve using this sense.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000