Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 SBP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  1:13:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been practising SB for 2 years. I have never really experienced any of the things mentioned in the AYP books. I don't ever get the 'inside the body' feeling.

I simply do five minutes and can get the sense of heat running down the back and coll running up the back.

It's never hindered my progress, but I have wondered if it really is doing anything except teaching me to breath properly ??

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  2:40:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Try 10-15 minutes for a while.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  5:39:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am similar to you karl. But I don't feel heat up and down the spine. Nothing spectacular happening. But increasing bliss and silence throughout the day, and that, I feel, is more important than these mystical experiences that probably aren't helpful anyway! Do I sound jealous? Maybe a little.

As Yogani has said - it is not what happens during the practice that is important, it's what you are like during the rest of the day.

Or something like that And I have massive internal sunburn on either side of my back so that kind of proves something is happening. I think.

Edited by - woosa on Oct 12 2010 4:37:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  2:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

I have been practising SB for 2 years. I have never really experienced any of the things mentioned in the AYP books. I don't ever get the 'inside the body' feeling.

Hi Karl,
this BTW. indicates you're neither chasing it nor pushing it, and IMO., this detachment is more important.
Some people "feel" their chakras at the spinal cord whereas some "feel" each corresponding entry point (kshetram) on the front of the body, and some feel nothing special. FYI., there are various SB schemes around in tantric yoga; the common denominator is to keep your energy circulating. Both in bed and in everyday situations, the key trick is to prevent the energy from getting stuck in one area (typically, the pelvic bottom and/or the head), smoothng it out throughout the body instead.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000