Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Chin pump modified
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chela7

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  10:09:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Yogani,

I am currently doing the chin pump. The way I do it that seems more comfortable is:

I inhale up the spine, then retain the breath, and rotate the head in one direction. When I need to exhale I hold the head erect as in the beginning then exhale down the spine, I inhale up the spine with head still straight, hold the breath and rotate the head in the other direction. So, the only difference is that I stop rotation of the head during inhalation and exhalation. Is this ok? Am I reducing the benefits or effect by doing this? Any feed back or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

-Chela7

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  06:20:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I am not Yogani... Its me again

There is the chin pump lite http://www.aypsite.org/144.html. So if that works I am sure your way will.

It was the most clunky addition for me at first. It just takes time .
Go to Top of Page

Chela7

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  12:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by woosa

Sorry I am not Yogani... Its me again

There is the chin pump lite http://www.aypsite.org/144.html. So if that works I am sure your way will.

It was the most clunky addition for me at first. It just takes time .

Hi Woosa,

Thanks for the reply. Don't you find it difficult to breath up and down the spinal nerve, from root to brow and back while the head is moving and bending?

-Chela7
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  09:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chela

Sorry for the late reply - haven't been on here for a while.

I found it very clunky at first, but the more you do it the less you pay attention. Just do what you are doing and build up from there.

At least you are doing something, which is better than nothing! (Some Zen people might disagree with me on that though )

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000