Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 satsang
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  10:54:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

This is one of those times where I am late for work. However I have been wanting to ask questions.

I am stuck sorta like up wild cat holler, where I live.(appalachia)

most readily available in this neck of the woods is baptist community....I will give a ratio of maybe 89% ....that is a just a guess, but it sure looks and feels like that.

I barely practise yoga. I now and then so the I AM mantra for less than 3 minutes and my mind is like a puppy getting out of its pen...so I am working thru that while I hike.

Other than computer access and other than driving many, many hours to Moundsville, to an Hare Krishna temple.....

Beyond being alone, which I know I am always anyway...how does one like myself find community in satsang other than computer>

Do you think or know of some group or way to find sangha that I am not aware of nearby?

Would love to hear any ideas thoughts byond my own for broadening and enriching my heart/growth

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  6:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
don't get me wrong. there is nothing with this forum that I don't like other than I think I stray off the topics and I am not much of a practitioner of Yoga.

I am thankful for the opportunity to speak and read.

It has been nothing short of a challenge to participate in sharing.

Often times I am embarassed, humiliated, and down right ackward to express myself.

So my gratitude comes from not being kicked off and Ihave posed the question should I leave for the sake of others.?
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  7:16:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
we can sympathize, sage890

while i have been blessed to have community with a few fellow AYP folks, it took several years of solitude before this happened

maybe it's time to convert some disciples out of those baptists
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  7:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I also have limited resources and funds and have been interested in finding others on this path. The forums and all the wonderful people on them can be an 'instant satsang' as Yogani pointed out to me. Like you, I am in the awkward stage of posting and not really sure what to say or if its the right thing, etc. but all the people on here are very accepting and helpful.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  8:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for the kind words and response. maybe it is not healthy for the ego to have a need like that-

I do feel really frickin' mental...instant satsang maybe thru your perceptions but if mine are tweeked then what would we call that?

and I don't know what is meant by converting the disciples out of the baptist? it probably seems funny, but I am not getting the humor?

and I was not being funny about wild cat hollow. It is a road not far from here and it was amazingly scary to drive this morning....

thanks for the words

goodnight
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  8:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you live in a wonderful wild place. Many of us city people envy you.
The most important part of yoga is to meditate regularly, twice a day.
It may be hard at first, but it will get better as you do it consistently.

It is normal for it to be difficult at first.
Also, many people only find others to talk to here about yoga.
But yoga is not like Baptist Christianity. Talking to others about it doesn't help really. It is only comforting for a while but doesn't help progress.
In fact, you can be a Baptist and still practice yoga, but it is likely the baptists would discourage that if they knew.
There are also Christian websites that encourage meditation.
But the most important part is meditate every day, twice a day. it's OK to miss one sometimes, but return as soon as you can.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000