Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 It's been a while
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ConsciousEvolution

India
29 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  05:49:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit ConsciousEvolution's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Souls,

It's been a while since I've checked in here.

The last period has been very tumultuous with a lot of very painful realizations about myself and how I behave and operate.
It's as if a lid has been opened deep in my psyche and things of which I haven't even been aware, pertaining to my past mostly, are rearing their ugly heads and demanding my attention.

Also, there is a strong feeling of dissatisfaction with life that seems to underlies everything I do.

Still, I must admit that although it is happening in an erratic way, life is slowly getting better and better.

Now, what I really wanted to shareis that I've stopped practicing AYP about a month and a half ago. I started in March and was doing it every day, sometimes even three or four times a day.
I stopped for several reasons.
First of all, it was not enjoyable. Never.
Second, although I know that the nature of experiences during the practice should not imply anything about their efficacy, I never experienced anything out of the ordinary, and being an individual who needs some sort of feedback from what I do, I could not keep ignoring it.
Third, I was doing it in a very mental and rigid way and a couple of months back something broke inside of me and I no longer have that kind of mental discipline. If something doesn't call me deeply I simply can't continue with it.

I'm slowly coming back to meditation though, using the breath as I find it much more tangible and enjoyable than the "I AM" meditation. My practice is getting steady again with one sitting a day, building up to 20 minutes.

I'm thinking of combining it with the spinal breathing soon but I want to be steady in it first.
I feel I need to be careful this time be mindful that I'm doing it from the right place and that I'm not forcing myself too much again, otherwise I will not persevere.

Thank you very much for your wonderful support while I was active in the forums and I'm looking forward to reading your feedback.

Peace,

CE

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  07:17:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Conscious.

This all sounds very good, what I find especially important is doing what calls you deeply. Cause I think that's the inner guru. As you continue listening to the heart you find the inner guru more and more, and continue to let go of resistance.

Well done, all the best! Enjoy

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  07:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Conscious

Back at the beginning of this year I took a break from AYP and did Jon Kabat-Zinn's 8 week mindfulness based stress reduction & relaxation programme. I found the mindfulness meditation aspect hugely beneficial - and my partner noticed a huge change (without my prompting) in my general demeanour within a couple of weeks. I was able to reintroduce AYP by about week 5, and haven't really looked back since. And I still do the mindfulness yoga asanas routines every day (separate from AYP practices).

Best of luck to you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  10:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Now, what I really wanted to share is that I've stopped practicing AYP about a month and a half ago. I started in March and was doing it every day, sometimes even three or four times a day.

Hi CE:

Good to see you again.

It should be pointed out that practicing an AYP routine "three or four times a day" is certain to lead to difficulties, and so it did.

It is suggested to take a more measured approach to daily practice as you move ahead. The AYP system is a baseline, and variations (like excessive practice) can lead to unpredictable results. In cases like that, it is no longer AYP, but the practitioner's research.

Live and learn...

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2010 :  11:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi everybody,
After over 3 yrs. of steady AYP I have started to feel a lot of energy movements throughout my body in the last month or so, but more in the head region. If I paused for a few seconds at the top in SPB, as a senior AYPer suggested to me some time ago, I found the energy movement reaching, what seemed to me like, dangerous proportions. I have therefore stopped the pause at the top and start coming right back down the spinal nerve each time.

However, I am not yet able to "sense" the spinal nerve.
Again, on some days, the energy movement is much greater(if I allow it to continue by pausing at the top), and some days much less. I am, of course, acutely conscious all the time, of Yogani's caution, and so look out for any sign of overloads, so that I may self-pace.
I would welcome feedback/suggestions/confirmation from other AYPers.
I have been feeling that all these energy movements are probably only flow through the Ida and Pingala ( and the nadis), and that the real K awakening is, perhaps, only when the flow starts through the sushumna.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000