Why I Don't Want to be Enlightened
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

mufad

44 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  2:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit mufad's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Friends,

One could say

Now - this moment - there is enlightment - nothing more to achieve - everything is perfect.

But is it really so ?

If not, how to make it happen ? Will it happen on its own ? how long ? how long ?

That is what we all want, we may accept it or deny it, it is our destiny, for this purpose is 'i am' here - to seek and to find. One can say "I Don’t want to be Enlightened" but every particle of creation craves for it - knowingly or unknowingly.

Buddha has said that desire is the cause of all suffering,
Desirelessness is desirable, but impractical.
Desire for God is the greatest of all desires, only when god is convinced that there is no other desire in your heart will he come.

Could someone please send a little enlightment my way ... that is the supreme desire or my yearning heart.

That reminds me of a song

Ah! Sweet mystery of life, at last I've found Thee!
Ah! I know at last the secret of it all -
All the longing, seeking, striving, waiting, yearning;
The burning hopes, the joy, and idle tears that fall.

For 'tis LOVE, and love alone, the world is seeking;
And it's love, and love alone, that can repay;
'Tis the ANSWER, ti's the end and all of living,
For it is love alone that rules for aye.

Anyone heard that before ?
Bliss to you,
Mufad.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  4:03:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it'd help if you gave me your definition, Mufad...
What is enlightenment?
Go to Top of Page

mufad

44 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  11:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit mufad's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,
I define enlightenment the same as everyone does.
See the first post made by Jim,

quote:

I've spent decades trying to fill a void I've naggingly felt in my existence, thinking it'd get all better once I did or got or became a certain thing. Silly.

I don't want to be enlightened. Enlightenment is just another goal to aspire to. Another project. Another thing to work on and get better at. Another attempt to fill a void. Another silly treadmill.

I was responding to that.
That which fills the void for jim is enlightment for him. It is the final treadmill he needs to get on to.
It is worth striving for it, no matter how long it takes.
One cannot do ayp practices without the drive, without the devotion (bhakti), like an automaton, like you brush your teeth.
You have to be on fire for god.
Amen,
Mufad.
Go to Top of Page

satyan

34 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  08:54:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit satyan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Jim,

Did not go through all the three pages, just the first post of yours. You need not get enlightened, once your crave to get better dies, once your aspiration trying to fill the void goes offf, YOU ARE ENLIGHTENED because this is one feeling you will never know when it comes.

Satyan
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  10:50:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nah, I don't have all the symptoms :)

Also, I still get caught. It's like flip-flopping.

quote:
Originally posted by satyan

hi Jim,

Did not go through all the three pages, just the first post of yours. You need not get enlightened, once your crave to get better dies, once your aspiration trying to fill the void goes offf, YOU ARE ENLIGHTENED because this is one feeling you will never know when it comes.

Satyan

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Sep 25 2006 10:52:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  1:40:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Ramon,

Its great seeing you here at AYP.

You rock you cheap spiritual drunk I am so glad your method has produced such blissful results. Has your technique refined to the point of getting past your bliss tolerance you spoke of a few years back?

I have started doing this practice recently (about 2 months) and enjoy it. I feel more stable and the entire practice is rewarding.

Jill

quote:
Originally posted by rabar

Just read "Divine Ecstasy - Is That All There Is?" in the new lessons list.
Very interesting, but my first thought was that if someone is not happy with the level of bliss they're achieving, they must not be feeling what I'm feeling. Or else I'm just a cheap 'drunk' on the yogic scale. Does this deserve a topic of its own, or is there one somewhere already?

Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2007 :  12:32:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

sublime thoughts and sharing, divine friends!

each one of us perceive the awakened state in our own beautiful and unique ways, written in eloquence:)!

in the state of being awakened is the oneness and the deeper desire for more of this oneness. set free to experience joys of the freedom and yet the climb above to experience oneness for its pleasures and pains of all.

above is the knowing of ourselves as the eternal blissful spirit and also with the knowing of our temporary stay in human realms with values of time given to evolve.

much as the fulfillment of buddha's karma:)! perhaps this is the wonderful time of 'now' when we are all in it together sharing breath and that beyond beyond breath.

the karma of oneness that is set alight in knowing purpose when awake!

just little thoughts shared!:)

aum

nandhi

Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  4:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

aum

yogam is the attainment of oneness, inspired in purpose.

the sacred fire awakened within through our breath garland each moment is yoga- the fire pot within so awake! each delicious moment the juicy seedless fruit. knowing these joys is the discipline in yoga.

blessings of each to each!

jai guruve thunai, thought be source

aum namah sivaya

Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  5:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

"much as i brush my teeth."

love you angelic brother jim!

vannakam... namaste!

gratitude for the kind, nurturing shared breath

each day passes and the human body adorned is worn and yet a daily awakening to the inner fire's truth of divine form. form that we are in.

we slip into time consciousness- mother goddess of time, mahakali. our awakening to death as daily journey and new birth each day enables the awareness to reach as turiya through the three states below in human consciousness.

in essence of the little strokes, the gentle maintanence, the middle path. the delicate holding of joys in the journey.

when entwined with our beloved, each stroke is orgasmic, getting skillful and with the flow in time to be complete to awaken to the larger circle that is from our sun like radiance the witness, though an impatient one some times

as in journey's delightful window is our knowing dharma within karma and karma within dharma.

alight, each moment in its perfections allows source as sacred joys to be awareness as spirit in the body shrine- aware of purpose.

the supreme purpose each of us have been born to awaken to.

being alight in knowing primal joys, we are siva, the lord of detachment, the supreme renunciate, the yogi gurunatha.

each of us this, the awake in oneness and the inspiring energies of purpose that showers wellbeing, rejuvenative childlike joys and each moment, our manifestation.

mother kundalini is the sacred treasured gift humanity had to progress in many past births to receive as in our awareness within our daily yoga. we are each experiencing her in our daily yoga as joys of fulfilled harmony of oneness- the calm, tranquil perfect bing. hence the yogic discipline out of love to worship sacred kundalini.

who will not love being more and more an angelic being

will one who sees love and god in all the living ever wish to kill another being? quite the opposite. example- we see life and the living in even plants and the plants serve us merged in the ancient knowing as in ayurveda, returned back to us as in oneness gifts.

the worship is our religion that sets us free to be compassion and the inspiring co-creator of our daily journeys, each stroke knowing joys of infinite patience and the tending to the human shrine we are in- while knowing time as in human household spent to attain completion, the sacred surrender to delightful ever joyful knowing!

the physical serving of all enables the receiving of divine from all too- hence the oneness that enables our human realm to always receive grace in our ascendancy.

awake in shared joys, love, blessing and a hug of oneness to each.

gratitude of the moment!

aum

Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  5:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nandhi that's incredible

Your words fill me with grace, thank you
Louis
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  7:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nandhi I love your words they are an inspiration please keep posting
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  3:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

louis and richard, gratitude for your warm words!

thank you!

blessings of the empowered moment!

aum anbe sivam, as in oneness, love being- blessings to each, from each as within each lit expanded to enjoy simply being. whole and radiant.

sacred grace!

aum

Edited by - nandhi on Apr 16 2007 12:07:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  11:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"All phenomena, the Buddha once said, are rooted in desire. Everything we think, say, or do — every experience — comes from desire. Even we come from desire. We were reborn into this life because of our desire to be. Consciously or not, our desires keep redefining our sense of who we are. Desire is how we take our place in the causal matrix of space and time. The only thing not rooted in desire is nirvana, for it's the end of all phenomena and lies even beyond the Buddha's use of the word "all." But the path that takes you to nirvana is rooted in desire — in skillful desires. The path to liberation pushes the limits of skillful desires to see how far they can go."

Pushing the Limits: Desire & Imagination in the Buddhist Path by Thanissaro Bhikkhu

aum namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000