Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Ghost in the Shell
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  06:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
If you haven't seen it well worth the watch. Lots of reference to spiritual ideas.

Wish I paid more attention to it when I watched it 9 years ago, so I didn't discard it. But I wasn't 'spiritual' then I was just looking for cartoon violence.

Edited by - woosa on Sep 14 2010 06:36:37 AM

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  6:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think there was a sequel and I know it was a television series in Japan, but I don't know if they ever translated it into English or not. I think it was called "Innocence". I saw it in Seattle when it was first was shown in the States, maybe in '96. It does ask some deep questions about the nature of being human, consciousness and spirituality.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  2:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I recently saw the sequel 'innocence' and that was great too. Awesome scene of Deja Vu, not to be missed!

Major Motoko Kusanagi: You talk about redefining my identity. I want a guarantee that I can still be myself.
Puppet Master: There isn't one. Why would you wish to? All things change in a dynamic environment. Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.

My favourite quote "What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face."

Definitely need to watch them again and again and again... there is a lot to take in. I wish they wouldn't speak so fast.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000