Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 AYP Books Vs Online lessons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

njethwa

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  7:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Yogani,

Is there any difference in the lessons between the AYP books and online lessons. I like the online lessons simply because it enables me to check in between work and like the followup Q&A section to further clarify things.

Are the Q&A also covered in the books?

I like to have books as well for the time when I am not on computer :)

One more thing, do these books have any Gujarati translations? I would like my wife to start reading and practice and she likes to read more books in native language.

Thank you
Nilesh

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  8:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi njethwa
Welcome to the AYP forums.
Here are some of Yogani's replies that may help:
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

The AYP Easy Lessons book you refer to covers the online lessons up to main lesson 235 and tantra lesson 35, plus about 20% new material in the form of "lesson additions and illustrations" that are not currently available online. This is the most complete version of the lessons up to that point, covering the core practices of AYP, including mantra enhancements and advanced forms of pranayama (spinal bastrika, etc.), asanas, mudras and bandhas, and tantric methods. The online lessons beyond main lesson 235 and tantra lesson 35 have not been put into book form yet, and this will be done later in AYP Easy Lessons Volume 2, which will include a lot of new material. When Volume 2 is complete, these two large volumes will constitute the full AYP teachings, as much as can be done up to that point in time.

Meanwhile, the small AYP Enlightenment Series books, being written after AYP Easy Lessons Volume 1, are concise and clear approaches to the core practices of AYP, and are designed to offer many easy entry points into the over all body of knowledge. Substantial new material not covered in AYP Easy Lessons Volume 1 or in the online lessons (yet) is included in the Enlightenment Series from the Samyama book onward. This is material that will be included and expanded upon in AYP Easy Lessons Volume 2.

AYP continues to be a work in progress. Hopefully in a few years it will all be there in detailed lesson form (two volumes), and also in the enlightenment series, providing many points of entry.

The "whole enchilada" will be in the AYP Easy Lessons volumes, so you are focusing on the right one for that. Add on the enlightenment series books at least from Samyama onward as they come out, and you will be up to date.

These forums are also an ever-evolving discussion on practices, filled with much useful information. Once the enlightenment series is done, I hope to return to posting online lessons again, leading to AYP Easy Lessons Vol 2.

For those who are interested in vicariously experiencing the journey of human spiritual transformation in story form, practices and all, there is the Secrets of Wilder novel. We are working to cover it from all angles, so there will be no mistaking the infinite potential that exists in everyone, and a practical approach to daily practice for realizing It.

All the best on your path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

quote:
Originally posted by yogani

quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

Hi Yogani, After the "AYP" book containing 235 lessons, when is the next paperback coming out containing all the new lessons you have added in the last 3 or 4 years ?
Krish

Hi Krish:

Hoping to have AYP Volume 2 (another big one) out by the end of 2010. That will cover the online lessons (with additions) from main 235 and tantra 35 onward. Right now, we are at main 367 and tantra 70. I expect we will end up somewhere around main 450 and tantra 80 for Volume 2.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Here are the only languages in which his books have been translated so far:
http://www.aypsite.org/translations.html

Sorry Gujarati is not one of them... not yet.
Go to Top of Page

njethwa

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  9:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
Thank you very much for the explanation and reference.

Nilesh
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000