Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Am I ready for "Shree?"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  2:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste friends,

Today in meditation I felt a call for adding the first mantra meditation. It seems there's a want for the "shree" sound, when I AM has become a bit autonomous and even a bit shallow.

I write to check with you because Yogani and many of the senior practitioners here have warned against taking on the enhancement too early.

Here is my current state:
I've been meditating on I AM for 9 months and pranayama for 7 months. I've added on sambhavi and mulabanda. I've stablized 10 minutes siddhasana during pranamaya. I could continue to prolong siddhasana to 30 mintues; or add on yoni mudra, or try samyama which I tried before. But somehow I feel I'm quicker on the meditation side, and would like to try the 1st enhancement.

Please let me know what do you think. That'd help me to make a wise decision. Thank you all!

Phil

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  5:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Phil,

Go for it!

As I'm sure you know, Sree works directly on the crown chakra, so if you are not ready for the enhancement, you will find out fairly soon. If that happens, it is easy to back off, going back to the basic I AM mantra.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  9:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Philaboston,

I recently found myself in the same position. It seemed as if the mantra enhancement had begun to come to me automatically. Incidentally, I've also been practicing AYP for roughly the same amount of time as you. Anyway, I decided to just go with it and I have to say that I've really enjoyed using the enhancement so far. One thing having a longer mantra has done for me is to help me disassociate the breathing process from my repetition of the mantra. This is something I've struggled with thus far, so it has really been helpful in that regard. I found the enhancement to be incredibly energetically stimulating the first time I used it. It caused me to start doing some very aggressive automatic chinpump jaladhara. So aggressive in fact that I thought it best to end the session early. This hasn't happened since then, though.

I say go for it. You'll know if it's right or not.
Go to Top of Page

Arjuna

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  07:20:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been on 2nd mantra "Shree Shree Ayam, Ayam" for 6 months or so, and I too have automatically begun to repeat the Ayam portion many, many, many times over. Actually, the Ayam portion seems to take me somewhere that I cannot describe. I am just there for a while, and then I return.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  8:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your input!

I have tried "Shree I Am Namah" for three sessions. I'm still not quite sure if I'm totally ready for it.
In the first session, Shree just sent my head into another pace, in which my head feels like silk blown by wind. It seems it's a new sphere I was not quite ready to stand still.
In the later sessions the mantra turns to be more smooth, but sometimes I found I couldn't finish it. I lost myself in the middle. Somehow it's not very smooth to add namah finally. IN all sessions there seemed to be a energy center near heart pulsating.
In daily activities, I feel mostly fine, but there's a lingering feeling of too much energy. (I feel the energy, too, Clear and White Light. )
Maybe this is natural in the first stage of a new mantra. Actually I remember similar experience in the beginning stage of I AM.

Did any of you go through similar phase?
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  9:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Arjuna

I have been on 2nd mantra "Shree Shree Ayam, Ayam" for 6 months or so, and I too have automatically begun to repeat the Ayam portion many, many, many times over. Actually, the Ayam portion seems to take me somewhere that I cannot describe. I am just there for a while, and then I return.

I know what you mean. I'm sure it has something to do with how more deeply ingrained the Ayam part of the mantra is than the rest of the syllables. Actually that is one of the things I like about the mantra enhancements. Syllables are added, but nothing is ever taken away. So if your mantra sort of reverts back to a previous state, it's not a big deal. It still is part of the mantra. I like that.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  04:01:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Philaboston

Thank you all for your input!

I have tried "Shree I Am Namah" for three sessions. I'm still not quite sure if I'm totally ready for it.
In the first session, Shree just sent my head into another pace, in which my head feels like silk blown by wind. It seems it's a new sphere I was not quite ready to stand still.
In the later sessions the mantra turns to be more smooth, but sometimes I found I couldn't finish it. I lost myself in the middle. Somehow it's not very smooth to add namah finally. IN all sessions there seemed to be a energy center near heart pulsating.
In daily activities, I feel mostly fine, but there's a lingering feeling of too much energy. (I feel the energy, too, Clear and White Light. )
Maybe this is natural in the first stage of a new mantra. Actually I remember similar experience in the beginning stage of I AM.

Did any of you go through similar phase?

Hi Phil,

The feeling of the head being made of silk being blown in the wind is a symptom of the opening of the crown chakra. Obviously the energy centre near the heart is the heart chakra beginning to open. If you feel you have too much energy moving around during the day and you are uncomfortable with that, then self pace back to the basic mantra.
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  09:56:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Phil, I started the Shree I Am Namah enhancement a couple of weeks ago myself. I had been doing the solar centering enhancement for about a year and finally decided to give this enhancement a try. From the first session it took me much deeper in meditation, and I too sometimes lose myself in the middle of the mantra...which is a good thing. I just pick it back up whenever I realize I've been lost in the Silence. While I still do the solar centering enhancement, I find that me me this mantra automatically locates itself in the heart area. So while more powerful, it has also brought the energy further down in my body even below the heart, which balances my overly energetic head :-)

I've also found that the Silence tends to stick longer outside of meditation, kind of like being dipped in pudding, it just stays on me

Good luck with it... If you find it too much you can always revert back to I Am and/or try the solar centering enhancement instead

Peace!
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  3:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Thank you for the follow-up comment! I'm still not sure about taking on this mantra. It seems that I am on the edge a bit, but still my ordinary daily activities are not affected. And the silk-being-blown sensation is gone. Only that I was sometimes experiencing little ripples in terms of emotions.I'll wait for a few more days.

To Parallx,I totally agree with you about this mantra. I feel it flows from top down to bottom, continuously circulating my whole being. And it's a very balanced mantra.
Go to Top of Page

DansInEveryWay

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  5:20:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello everyone

i've been having a funny experience lately with the first mantra enhancement that i'd like to share with you after recently adding it during dm.

so i'm in DM, already settled in after a few minutes have passed and the surface thoughts have been left behind, when the 'shree shree i am i am' mantra morphs. it turns into 'three, three, seven, nine, enter," which is my ATM pin number.. (the 7 and 9 are different, but you get the idea...) haha it is so strange. i use the atm maybe 5 times a year max, so it's not something that is on my mind.. and the number has been familiar for years so i'm not concerned i'll forget it. anyway, it's so funny when i realize that it has changed. this has happened maybe 3 or 4 times, but when i was really tired. i went to the alternate enhancement and everything was calm and blissful.

but.. should i stick it out with the morphing first mantra because it is some weird purification, or is it ok to go to the alternate after only 2 weeks with the first one? the alternate feels much more natural and easy. any help on this silly issue would be appreciated.

dan
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  6:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DansInEveryWay

or is it ok to go to the alternate after only 2 weeks with the first one?

If the alternate feels better, it is fine to stay with it Dan.
http://www.aypsite.org/369.html
quote:
What we are accomplishing with this alternate path of mantra enhancements is a more balanced progression with respect to purification in the upper and lower regions of the neurobiology. We have slowed down the addition of upper region mantra components (SHREE and OM), while speeding up the addition of the lower region component (NAMAH). The end result is a smoother progression going from the I AM (AYAM) mantra through the first and second enhancements, leading to the unaltered third enhancement.

PS: You had posted this post/question before right? Or am i just losing it?
Go to Top of Page

DansInEveryWay

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  9:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti

Haha, yes I posted this earlier, you're not losing it. I moved it here where it is just as relevent and where it's more happenin..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000