AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Shabd, Nada & the end game
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trueadept

3 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  3:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit trueadept's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Yogani,

I am new to your site (after reading excellent articles!)
and have some experience with Kriya & nada yogo though informally.
I am naturally or now rather adept at inner silence/lack of mind chatter and more in a state of constant "awe" which i seem to intuit as being part of the path.

Two questions: 1)Kechari ...."junction of my hard and soft palates"
is THIS the correct way to do this? do i simply guide the tip of my tounge back along the 'roof' of the mouth till that first 'dip' of softness and keep it btwn there? ( i hope so , cuz this is about the limit of the reach of my tounge!) i tried it like this last nite and felt total mindlessness and more Intense white light btwn the brows!....ALso,,,i can Only keep it at this spot (assuming its the right one...WITH my Mouth OPEN!? OK or..? thx

2) Shabd/nada...and the 'end game'---there are various 'masters'of shabd/nada yoga that overlap to a degree with Kriya masters in of this...I sort of started out with sound and moved to 'combine with kriya (again informally & w/o guru)...my obesrvations is that the normal high pitched sounds are a "map" and when i 'find' these, i go 'below & behind' these pitches and hear them from the medulla obl.
or behind the heart areas as if ears in these areas...THEN finding this LOWER Harmonic...the sound is more a pure /hollow tone and low as if hearing monks chaing 'om' seem to try to mimic...and i feel it a breakthrough harmonic to take one to various higher states of consciousness.....i was wondering if you have similar expericnce or believe the same? Also, in some of the 'sound' teaching referenced...they utilize the sound while observing its visual aspect (light) and simutaneously watch (*and become) the changes...i.e. light becomes Sun worlds, then Moon worlds, then the astral levels, then the Blue Star...then the Soul realm levels..? I cant seem to automatically do this without utilizing imagination , prob. because of my lack of advancemtn thus far...but...it would seem to me that finding ones way throught these various worlds (or traps of illusions) into the levels aBove astral and into soul realms and being able to go and come at will--would/could be the purpose or 'end game' of it all verus simply being at one with love , stillness & ecstacy...(although i would deem these co-requisties! any thought or experience here or within these sound and conscioulsness levels as taught by such masters...Thank you
Trueadept
p.s. one reason my resistance from gurus/master fromality is i think power but moreover 'cultural structure' comes into play and inhibits the purity ...and Example besies obvious ones preaching 'moral ehtics' would be ie. "dont' listen to the sounds from the LEfT side/ear those are the (bad) aounds...only listen to ones from the right side...well...since these teaching derive from india...and the LEFT hand ! is considered REPULSIVE (for obvious reasons) there would seem to be a cultural bias unrelated to spiritual truth here...and similary LEFT hand TANTRIK practices so named LEFT for same reasons above and to donote anti-'moral' or conservative indian majority biases on what "it" deems repulsive/unacceptable per moral 'standards'vs truth!

pps...my first post ...forgive my multi-topic approach...very sincerely interested in your input & guidance & i promise to ask shorter more focused single question in future posts!!

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  3:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
welcome trueadept
teh kechari that you describe is stage one or beginning kechari. It is the phase before actual kechari where the tongue goes behind the uvula and up. Look at the AYP lessons for very detailed explanations
As for the Shabda, i have no real experience tehre but it sounds interesting to know those kinds of specifics
Go to Top of Page

yogani99

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  4:13:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani99's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Trueadept, and welcome also!

You can find the low-down on kechari in lesson 108 (complete with illustrations) here: http://www.aypsite.org/108.html

Like Victor, I am not familiar with Shabda.

I am moving this topic from Deep Meditation into the Satsang Cafe where a more general discussion on your thoughts can happen. You can find a wealth of information on spiritual practices and experiences around here. Kick the tires all you like. Whatever you feel might be missing, feel free to add on ... that is how we do it here.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000