Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 my own post is new (purple) topic?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  8:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know how to prevent my own posts from showing up as a purple folder the next time I return?
I check them after I post, so you would think that would count as
reading that topic, but next time I come back I have to visit them
one more time to turn off the purple. is it because I don't logout?

yogani99

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  10:44:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani99's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Etherfish:

I have found the active topics link on top of the page to be the most reliable place to manage new postings, including my own. That includes checking back as many hours as necessary there to catch any posts that slip through the active listings. It can happen.

The active topics list (and all pink folders) can be cleared by clicking on the two-tone folder icon in the upper left corner of the active topics window.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib

316 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  5:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The active topics are determined by the last visit date which means reading a post won't change its active status. The best way to ensure that all posts are indeed new posts when you come back is to do as Yogani suggested: click the double colored folder in the active topics page.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  08:12:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks; that's so much easier.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000