Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama for dissolving bad habits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  6:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I'm interested in the possibility of using Samyama to remove bad habits. Has anyone ever used it for this purpose before? For example, I have this anxious habit of biting the skin on my fingers sometimes. If I were to use samyama to create the daily intention to stop this habit, what kind of "sutra" would I use?

I have never really integrated samyama in to my practice before, but I would like to begin doing so with this one sutra. I've heard before that positive intentions work best when expressed in positive, or non-negating terms. I'm not entirely sold on this idea however. Going by this makes it even more difficult to design a sutra. How do you make a non-negating sutra designed to help you stop something?

Anyway, any advise on this issue would be much appreciated

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  05:13:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CWL,

For me this feels like fumbling around on the surface of the problem. The feeling which causes the problem has a source,
and this source needs to be dissolved. I could imagine that samyama could help with any problem, but to get to the source
of your specific problem, its probably better to meditate (which is to be here, in this present moment, where feelings and
everything that cant express itself, because we busy the whole time, can show up and be freed).

There are other techniques for emotional problems, like EFT, which could probably help: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotio...m_Techniques

Just my 5 cents, dont take it as the ultimate answer :-)

Atb,
Pan
Go to Top of Page

Ayamer

Brazil
78 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  1:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
EFT is very good .. work fine to me .

I think is good to do before meditating, why bring the problem in the subconscious mind, then, meditate and feel it cleans better this stress, this trauma housed in the nervous system

just my thought

Edited by - Ayamer on Aug 21 2010 1:35:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  11:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ayamer

EFT is very good .. work fine to me .

I think is good to do before meditating, why bring the problem in the subconscious mind, then, meditate and feel it cleans better this stress, this trauma housed in the nervous system

just my thought

By EFT you mean emotional freedom techniques right? This is the first time I've heard of it. Can you recommend some resource on EFT?
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  12:26:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CWL,
energywise, you might even use deep breathing and a slight moola bandha in everyday situations, whenever you've observed any fidgeting.
The energy hike from AYP practices tends to leak thru any small "hole" imaginable. Pranayama and bandha turn the energy upward instead.
My 5 c.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000