Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 ayp practices and psychotropic medication
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shervin

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  02:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
greetings all,
i am new here and just beginning to get my feet wet with the basic twice per day sitting.
my concern is if there are any sudden or extreme interactions i may need to be made aware of before committing to the lessons as i have been and am taking medications for mental health. anyone with knowledge (first hand or otherwise) in this area please do share...
thank you in advance

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  1:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome board shervin!

I hope others would provide more help about your mental health but mostly its said in here that one should do SELF SPACING and go slow in the practice but I hope so far you are doing great! Just keep posting your experiences what soever so that we at AYP of some help.

Light and Love
Viji
Go to Top of Page

shervin

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  12:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi viji,

thanks for your response. i will take it slow and steady, i guess, and see what occurs. my psychiatrist doesn't see anything wrong with practicing meditation for my condition. but i am kind of sensitive to altered states. i've read some posts where members report these events and i hope that i don't have them so extreme. anyways we'll just have to see where this goes. thank you again for your time and bless you.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  12:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Shervin

Hope you start out with 20minutes of mantra meditation and slowly add spinal breathing and other stuffs.

God Bless You too and hope all goes well with you!

May Everyone Experience the ETERNAL PEACE!
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  09:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been doing Deep meditation and Spinal breathing for a few months now and am on medication for mental health,

it hasn't had a bad effect on me, but you do have to learn to pace yourself. I introduced Sammyamma into my practice recently and have to step off the gas a little with in order to keep myself functioning well in daily life.

It seems to me that pacing is learned as you go and that the more inner-silence you have the more able you are to pace and judge what should and shouldn't be done each day.

Joe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000