Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 U.G. Krishnamurti Quotes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  7:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

The end of illusion is the end of you.

Your constant utilization of thought to give continuity to your separate self is "you". There is nothing there inside you other than that.

You see, the search takes you away from yourself -- it is in the opposite direction -- it has absolutely no relation.

The abstractions you are throwing at me, I am not interested in. Is there anything beyond the abstractions?

People usually imagine that so-called enlightenment, self-realization, God-realization, or what you will (I don't like to use these words) is something ecstatic, that you will be permanently happy, in a blissful state all the time -- these are the images they have of those people ... There's no relationship at all between the images you have of that and what actually is the situation.

That's why I very often tell people: "If I could give you some glimpse of what this is all about, you wouldn't touch this with a barge pole, a ten-foot pole." You would run away from this because it is not what you want.

What you want does not exist, you see.

Understanding is the state of being when the question isn't there any more; there is nothing that says "Now, I understand!"

It is the questioner that creates the answer; and the questioner comes into being from the answer, otherwise there is no questioner.

NOTE: Yes, U.G. Krishnamurti is one of the more direct-speaking teachers from recent times (he passed on in 2007) -- and some of his statements can be powerful pointers toward truth.

My criteria for quotes is simply:

How well does the statement point toward truth in a way that may well be of value, for someone in the process of awakening?

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000