Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 A diamond is forever
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  05:00:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
'I have heard that you are the greatest ego killer who exists. And that is what I want.'

Nisargadatta: 'I am not a killer. I am a diamond cutter. You are also a diamond. But you are a raw diamond and you can only be cut by a pure diamond. And that is very precise work, because if that is not done properly then you fall apart into a hundred pieces, and then there is nothing left for you.'

http://www.prahlad.org/gallery/nisa..._maharaj.htm

'A diamond is forever' is a trade mark of the company De Beers. A few years ago (around 60's-70's I guess) nobody bothered about Diamonds in America. People used plain gold rings for weddings. The Diamonds were unpopular and no body cared about them.

But then De Beers launched a big advertising campaign with 'A diamond is forever' Ads depicting wedding images and TV commercials showing Diamond rings as wedding rings / gifts etc. This created a huge popularity of Diamonds among the people.

Very smart.

A diamond is just a pure carbon.... a damn stone!!!

But my wife never listens to me even if I tell her that you don't need any diamonds my beautiful lady... you are the most precious diamond yourself.

Nice try.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000