Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Newbie first experiences and questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NatanEpsilon

Fyro Macedonia
21 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  2:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi to All!
English is not my first language, so I apologize for the errors in spelling if I had one.
I'm new here. Two days ago I've started the Deep Meditation practice and I'm so happy for that.
I want to share some little experience from this 2 days practice and to ask one question.
The question is: am I suppose to speak the mantra I AM or to sing it in my mind? I ask this cause I try both ways and when I sing the mantra (like the AUM) in my mind there is more tension (but not uncomfort tension, it's more like I feel the mantra more better). So, my question is: is there a rule that I must speak the mantra with my inner voice or may I sing it? And what is with loud speaking and singing with the mantra?
My first experience that I want to explain here is this. When the last time I do my mantra (I AM) somewhere in the tenth minute of those 20 I saw some blue colour with depthness* in it. But that was only for a few seconds. After that I saw red color more shorter that the previous blue. When I saw this color I felt peace and depthness. What does it means this colors?

*By depthness I mean deep insight, deep feeling, an unexplainable (beautiful) feeling.

Love and Blessings to All,
Natan

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  11:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Natan,

In Meditation, and other practices, less is more. So, there is no need to distinguish between singing and speaking the mantra. Distinguishing as a mental activity can prevent you from getting into silence.

As about the colors, I don't know what's their significance or if they have any. But it's always good to favor the practice, instead of experience. The more important thing is going forward than seeing scenery, to use the classical metaphor here.

Phil
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  12:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Natan.

Awesome reply by Phil.

Here are a couple of lessons from Yogani that cover your questions:
Lesson 53 - Pranayama Q&A – Light and sound
Lesson 59 - Q&A – Some mantra particulars
Hope these help.
Go to Top of Page

NatanEpsilon

Fyro Macedonia
21 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  3:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Philaboston and Shanti, thank you so much for your replays.
Philaboston, I will remember this one: "Less is more" - it is so true!
I also think it's better not to give any significances on everything else but mantra, for now.
Shanti, thank you for your links. I'm a little bit confused with so many lessons and topics here, so a little bit of help with referrings is welcomed. :)

Love,
Natan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000