Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Heart palpitations/irregularity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kay62jj

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  11:47:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi
I've been practising the meditation and introduced pranayama about 3 months ago. I practice and teach yoga so am used to these practices but a few weeks ago I noticed heart palpitations/irregularities during meditation and then regularly and strongly during the day for a few weeks. I got checked out at the doctor, as i wanted to eliminate any underlying medical condition, and all tests came back fine (not surprising as I feel as fit as a flea).

I stopped the practices for couple of weeks to see what would happen and the symptoms disappeared so I'm pretty sure it's the purification process but I just wanted to check if anyone else has experienced these symptoms and whether they do go away as I've heard palpitations are not good and can create blood clots?

These practices are indeed powerful.

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  11:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
totally normal and nothing to worry about, in my opinion. its probably just a phase that will ebb and flow with your practice.

one thing i might mention, some food additives, like msg, also cause palpitations, you may be sensitive to this "food"

do you eat a lot of processed food or fast food/chain restaurant food?
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  3:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kay62jj and welcome to the AYP forum! We're glad you're here!

I've got a heart murmur that sometimes causes heart palpitations. But one thing I've noticed just for my particular case is that sometimes if I get uber-stressed, (really stressed!) it will bring it on. I haven't noticed them as a side effect from meditation or practices that I'm aware of, but we're all different and have different reactions.

I'm glad you did get it checked out by a doctor though, just in case! And if you practice and teach yoga, it can't be attributed to a need for exercise!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

JECDisciple123

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  09:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey there,

interestingly I have been getting a strong thumping heart beat but it's location is in my solar plexus. It is quite obvious when I lie down after meditation. Any thoughts on this?

Love x
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  4:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kay

quote:
I stopped the practices for couple of weeks to see what would happen and the symptoms disappeared so I'm pretty sure it's the purification process but I just wanted to check if anyone else has experienced these symptoms and whether they do go away as I've heard palpitations are not good and can create blood clots?

Heart palpitations can happen when the heart chakra is beginning to open.
It can be a bit wierd to begin with, but it isn't a sign of illness, and isn't dangerous. It happens because of the close relationship between the heart chakra and the physical heart.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  4:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JEC,

quote:
interestingly I have been getting a strong thumping heart beat but it's location is in my solar plexus. It is quite obvious when I lie down after meditation. Any thoughts on this?

This is another strange phenomena and I think one of the main lessons is based on a question about it. I'll post the link if I find it.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  4:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JEC,

Here it is:

http://www.aypsite.org/118.html
Go to Top of Page

JECDisciple123

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  6:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! How interesting, and strange too! I will continue as normal as the sensation doesn't really bother me. If I am with it - it subsides. Perhaps some reiki will loosen the blockage. Thanks fir the link! This yoga stuff is like a science x

love x
Go to Top of Page

kay62jj

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2010 :  09:08:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all so much for your kind and reassuring responses.
What a wonderful resource this site is.... full of wise old souls!
Namaste
Go to Top of Page

JECDisciple123

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  11:03:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there, again

I am still experiencing the pulsating in my belly for a month now. It is even occuring during the day when I feel anxious or uncomfortable. Sometimes it is very strong and fast too. What does it mean? I also tend to blush alot when I get anxious. Like seriously blush! Then I completely resist the present moment and just want to escape. I have been doing ayp for about 7 weeks but have taken the last couple of days off. Little frustration, lack of peace in daily life. Atthe moment I am searching for a job and interveiwing -which I find very nerve racking. Any advice?

Love x
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  12:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JECDisciple123

Hi there, again

I am still experiencing the pulsating in my belly for a month now. It is even occuring during the day when I feel anxious or uncomfortable. Sometimes it is very strong and fast too. What does it mean? I also tend to blush alot when I get anxious. Like seriously blush! Then I completely resist the present moment and just want to escape. I have been doing ayp for about 7 weeks but have taken the last couple of days off. Little frustration, lack of peace in daily life. Atthe moment I am searching for a job and interveiwing -which I find very nerve racking. Any advice?

Love x

dude, only advice is to push ahead with your practice.

you will unravel the mystery if you search for it... in time. everything happens in time. Just keep up your practice, abide in peace and love.

if your looking for advice on how to control nervousness, then it goes without saying you should look at the standard factors:
caffeine
alchol
nicotine
sleep habits
exercise
diet

and after that, its probably a matter of imbalance in your system. its something that will take time for you to resolve

xx
buona fortuna!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000