Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Minty from Meditation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  9:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I’ve noticed something a few times. When I meditate, I get this cool, minty feeling in my chest. It’s pleasant and soothing and feels like a breeze is blowing around my heart.

I realize I might seem preoccupied with the manifestations of pranic energy, but that’s because I think there must be some kind of language to be interpreted from the physical sensation. Wouldn’t it be great if there was a dictionary to explain what we experience and allay the concerns of beginners, like me?

Does anyone else get the cool, minty sensation?

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  05:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Jivan

This will help explain a lot: http://www.aypsite.org/51.html

And the process will keep on progressing...

Good things are happening :-)

Love
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

porcupine

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  12:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit porcupine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, i have felt this as well, thoughts of my beloved arouse this me in me, like light bursting from your chest cool, an orgasm up there of sorts, it happens for no reason almost, just when i get a certain kind of thought-feeling, emotion
Go to Top of Page

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  5:05:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
WOW!!! Thank you Ananda!!!

Porcupine, I've noticed the 'no reason' reason, but also sensed that it's the Beloved Husband Lord in union with this soul bride. (Sikhi analogy there.) Same with the Rom Rom . . . He's pretty frisky!
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  01:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ive also experienced this, gladly i knew where it came from :-)
Go to Top of Page

perdev

Nepal
7 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  04:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit perdev's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yah....this is kinda a type of purification feeling. I also do meditation. And i find this exact feeling while doing transcendental meditation and most extremely in brain purification at 1st level autogenics... U can visit my blog for more information and processes of autogenics....This tool really helps me increase vitality, memory, optimism and performance as a whole....

Edited by - perdev on Jul 20 2010 08:01:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  05:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ik-jivan

I’ve noticed something a few times. When I meditate, I get this cool, minty feeling in my chest. It’s pleasant and soothing and feels like a breeze is blowing around my heart.

I realize I might seem preoccupied with the manifestations of pranic energy, but that’s because I think there must be some kind of language to be interpreted from the physical sensation. Wouldn’t it be great if there was a dictionary to explain what we experience and allay the concerns of beginners, like me?

Does anyone else get the cool, minty sensation?

yeah this is totally normal

in fact, sometimes you may feel as if the wind is blowing like a cool breeze
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  05:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Hello Jivan

This will help explain a lot: http://www.aypsite.org/51.html

And the process will keep on progressing...

Good things are happening :-)

Love
Ananda

Heheheheh, i guess i should have read the lesson you posted Ananda

I totally misunderstood your post Ik-Jivan hehehehe!

What i was talking about was the windy feeling on the outside of the skin in my post, hehehehe

but yes, i know what you mean about the minty fresh feeling inside too but i never really paid any attention to it guess. that is definitely in manipura, as yogani says. each chakra has flavors and that is one of manipuras.

anyone else here get the windy feeling like i mentioned in my first post? Sometimes i swear that the air pressure changes in my vicinity as well, as if its an actual physical phenomena and not just a perceptual change.

never really thought about this stuff before but its interesting
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  08:35:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

anyone else here get the windy feeling like i mentioned in my first post? Sometimes i swear that the air pressure changes in my vicinity as well, as if its an actual physical phenomena and not just a perceptual change.

hey bro, this happens with me also from time to time and certain odor like a perfume comes with it on rare occasions. My guess is that it might be either movements in the aura or the presence of a spiritual entity (from here the perfumes)

Love
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  6:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

hey bro, this happens with me also from time to time and certain odor like a perfume comes with it on rare occasions. My guess is that it might be either movements in the aura or the presence of a spiritual entity (from here the perfumes)

Love
Ananda

i hear you.

not sure what it is either. all i can say is that when i feel the windy feeling, it is when i am already in samadhi for a while. same if i get the smell of flowers or an incredible perfume.

then everything will go to a new level.... i'll feel the presence.... not sure who or what it is but it is the same presence that was there when my k awakened the first time. its the holy spirit/spirit of shakti i think. it presides over this stuff. so anyways i'll feel Her presenece and then boom, windy feeling, then surges upon surges of ecstatic k running up through the crown...

the really interesting thing is the air pressure. i swear it really does change in this state, which is some higher level of samadhi. i mean, i think i have heard the air flow under the door and stuff, which would signal a change in air pressure. weird? yes.

anyone else ever experience that?
Go to Top of Page

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  12:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm. . . for my own peace of mind, I’ll still go with the Husband Lord visiting the soul-bride explanation for the manifestations of phenomena. Positively would not want another presence creeping around and into my body without invitation and consent.

As for the variety of manifestations? Isn’t it the unexpected gifts from a lover that we appreciate the most? Something tells me the Divine Beloved experiences and enjoys vicariously through creation’s myriad forms and sensibilities. Yeah. . . I’m going with that . . .
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  1:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

When I meditate, I get this cool, minty feeling in my chest. It’s pleasant and soothing and feels like a breeze is blowing around my heart.

As you know the Heart Chakra (Anahata) is located here.

Its element is Air. When Kundalini reaches this chakra, we feel weightless and spacious within like being the sky.

I had a very good video explaining how one feels when Kundalini rises above in these chakras but I am unable to find it again.

I get this cool minty feeling in my heart during sex and it spreads all over the body.
Go to Top of Page

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  9:51:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel pretty expansive most times . . . like I’m bigger than my body. I had my aura dowsed. It’s about 4 meters radius. Apparently that’s not always a good thing, as it suggest that I might ‘spread myself a little too thin’, but I don’t feel ‘thin’ or like I’m pushing my limits.

Just got the cool minty . . . it’s still here. . .it comes when chooses. I believe it’s the Divine Beloved.

Well, it seems that the Divine Beloved must enjoy the union too. Isn’t that a beautiful thing?
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  04:19:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's what it is all about my friend.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  10:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I feel pretty expansive most times . . . like I’m bigger than my body. I had my aura dowsed. It’s about 4 meters radius. Apparently that’s not always a good thing, as it suggest that I might ‘spread myself a little too thin’, but I don’t feel ‘thin’ or like I’m pushing my limits.

Just got the cool minty . . . it’s still here. . .it comes when chooses. I believe it’s the Divine Beloved.

Well, it seems that the Divine Beloved must enjoy the union too. Isn’t that a beautiful thing?

that's so funny because for years and years i would regularly get the sensation that I am a giant, hehehe

or sometimes part of me would feel really small and other parts felt like they were huge, inflated like a balloon

defintely there are many strange phenomena associated with K

but regardless of what the presence is, its god.... its not like its some other entity... it just that as you know there are many different faces of god, and we use our limited understanding to give identity to them. you can call it whatever you like.... my bhakti leads me to associate it that way... from the christian tradition i think you would call it Mary.
Go to Top of Page

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  3:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes! That HUGE GIANT feeling is funny. Maybe we’re feeling the extent of our vibration energy as it emanates into the world.

Walking amidst people I feel like I am moving through the world ocean. Interacting with people on the street, I feel like I am addressing Divine Love Puppets, just like myself. . . I wait for them to say or do something out of context. That happens a lot. My waking life (outside of work) has become very dream-like. I’m just a smiling, approving backstage observer with bit parts to play on occasion.

Yeah, it’s just that I have an inborn aversion to idolatry, which gives me a creepy feeling about devotion to anything created. I can only submit to the formless ALL, seeing whatever the Divine manifests as shoulder-to-shoulder equals to everything else. I do understand Divine Aspect worship . . . but I just can’t do bhakti to anything but EVERYTHING. Must be a samsara from a past life, but I also had an ‘audio-video vision’ when I was 4 years old of the construction of an idol upon inward questioning of an effigy of Jesus I saw.

I guess because there wasn’t a time in my life when I didn’t have the Divine as an interactive, but formless Constant Companion, I never needed a bhakti ishta.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  12:46:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes! That HUGE GIANT feeling is funny. Maybe we’re feeling the extent of our vibration energy as it emanates into the world.

Walking amidst people I feel like I am moving through the world ocean. Interacting with people on the street, I feel like I am addressing Divine Love Puppets, just like myself. . . I wait for them to say or do something out of context. That happens a lot. My waking life (outside of work) has become very dream-like. I’m just a smiling, approving backstage observer with bit parts to play on occasion.

Yeah, it’s just that I have an inborn aversion to idolatry, which gives me a creepy feeling about devotion to anything created. I can only submit to the formless ALL, seeing whatever the Divine manifests as shoulder-to-shoulder equals to everything else. I do understand Divine Aspect worship . . . but I just can’t do bhakti to anything but EVERYTHING. Must be a samsara from a past life, but I also had an ‘audio-video vision’ when I was 4 years old of the construction of an idol upon inward questioning of an effigy of Jesus I saw.

I guess because there wasn’t a time in my life when I didn’t have the Divine as an interactive, but formless Constant Companion, I never needed a bhakti ishta.

yeah whatever floats your boat

i have a hard time accepting the formless god 24 hours a day. i would say most people would. its scary and difficult to fathom.

honestly, i cannot think of anything more terrifying than the formless god. if you can keep up devotion to it all the time, more power to you

as for me, i feel much more comfortable with the loving friendly benevolent aspects of god. the destroyer aspect of god not so much
Go to Top of Page

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  09:32:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hahaha! Yeah, how many people are on the planet? I think there should be about that many distinct and unique spiritual paths. Whether samsaras or otherwise, the messages we get from the heart – including the ones that make us feel ‘I don’t like that’ – are guideposts along our own customized, personal paths. To me, this is beautiful . . . all this diversity means the world to me.

It’s true, the destructive aspect is something that one needs to reconcile with. But Ayam - process of creation and annihilation – isn’t all that scary when you ‘get it’. You realize you are part of the formless – timeless Being and no matter what happens to your body, or even what form you manifest as, you can’t be destroyed.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  11:05:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hahaha! Yeah, how many people are on the planet? I think there should be about that many distinct and unique spiritual paths. Whether samsaras or otherwise, the messages we get from the heart – including the ones that make us feel ‘I don’t like that’ – are guideposts along our own customized, personal paths. To me, this is beautiful . . . all this diversity means the world to me.

It’s true, the destructive aspect is something that one needs to reconcile with. But Ayam - process of creation and annihilation – isn’t all that scary when you ‘get it’. You realize you are part of the formless – timeless Being and no matter what happens to your body, or even what form you manifest as, you can’t be destroyed.

amen dude!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000