AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Reiki
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  11:52:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I've been doing a lot of bodywork lately. Acupuncture and Asian meridian massage, as well as a lot of self massage. This is of course in addition to my regular practices.

Last week i was doing some self massage on one particular point i have had some trouble with. Its an area at top of the chest where the pectoral muscle meets both the sternum and the clavicle. There is a lot of stored up tension there and it doesn't want to come out quickly!

Anyways, while doing the self massage, for a while i just kind of forgot about the massage and my fingers were simply placed in this area. Of course, i was in a semi-meditative mindstate and i was focusing on this area.

What i found was that simply by resting the fingers here with intention, i was in fact releasing far more energy than through the massage.

I experimented a bit, and i've found that i can release boat loads of tension (which i can feel leaving my body) just by intention and finger placement.

I do not have much knowledge of Reiki besides casual reading, but to me this seems to be what Reiki is all about.

If so, it seems to me that Reiki can be a powerful tool in our paths to liberation. Additionally, it seems as if Reiki is essentially a technique derived from our own intuitive selves.

Does anyone else have any experience with Reiki? Or any experience with this type of self treatment?

I'm fearful of trying this on another person for two reasons: One, i feel as if i may absorb their negativities, and Two, i have a lot of energy at my disposal, and i could probably do some real damage (given that i don't really know what i'm doing)

So I'll be experimenting more with this on myself. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

buon auguri

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  12:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I experimented a bit, and i've found that i can release boat loads of tension (which i can feel leaving my body) just by intention and finger placement.

Yup, this can be very true!

It can help to work on the opposite side of the body. So if your left clavicle area has trouble releasing, put your hands on the shoulders, and it will release a lot of tension that will be able to help you work better directly on the area.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  1:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

quote:

Yup, this can be very true!

It can help to work on the opposite side of the body. So if your left clavicle area has trouble releasing, put your hands on the shoulders, and it will release a lot of tension that will be able to help you work better directly on the area.

Interesting point, Scott.

I received tui na massage a few days ago, and while it was excruciatingly painful, i felt i needed it for the stubborn trapezius/scalene/spinae/levatator area. The masseuse just basically went through it with her elbow like a bulldozer, over and over, causing me to recede from my body. But the result was that she cleared away a bunch of old wiry muscle knots that have been laying under the surface for half my life.

So after a few days of hangover and pain, i found that the front side, the one i described in the OP felt much more tight. I assume that this is the result of losing that tension balance from the back side.

Are you a masseuse or anything? Do you have any other tips for working that area? Or possibly for working the Jaw/Suboccipital complex?

Gracias mon ami

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  1:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight
I'm fearful of trying this on another person for two reasons: One, i feel as if i may absorb their negativities, and Two, i have a lot of energy at my disposal, and i could probably do some real damage (given that i don't really know what i'm doing)

So I'll be experimenting more with this on myself. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I would suggest you not to experiment this on yourself or others unless you are trained/guided by an expert.

If it happens naturally, surrender to your inner Guru/energy and just witness the process.

Such things can create hindrances in our Spiritual journey if given too much attention.

A few years ago I messed up myself and my family members experimenting with this energy. So please be careful and stay focused on your path.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  4:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the caution, Manigma, but as i said i will not be experimenting on other people for sure.

As for this leading me off my path.... this actually is my path

What i mean to say is that my path has been and still is intricately connected with my physical body, and that unpeeling knotted up muscle is what its all about. Perfect posture = perfect enlightenment, at least in my case. Im not so sure this is true of everyone, but my path is significantly different from most, as i've come to find.

So for me, the spiritual gains come in tandem or in balanced opposition to corporal events. Releasing muscular tension with Reiki (or whatever you want to call it) is no different from massage, acupuncture or herbs.

Make straight the path of the Lord
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  08:06:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tonignt,

Dont be afraid.I have much experience with reiki and my advice is to follow you feelings and intuition.
There are some persons,like you,that discover that they can channel reiki without any previous initiation.It is good.

There are too much mytology and fantasies in the reiki world that create lot of fear and castles in the air in the peoples mind.
THe reality is that reiki is an amazing and powerfull way of healing.

Your 2 main fears:

-negativity from other people...i think this is a very usual topic in the reiki world and there are technics for protect your self before the healin.If you are involved in daily spiritual practices this is actually a very good protection i think.Theres lot of paranoia about this and i think its not so easy to get pother people negativities.remember that when you give reiki you do it using you hand chakras.This chakras give energy outward mainly (and you intention is to give,not to recieve)

-To damage someone: dont worry about this. The energy has its own inteligence. If you follow you intuition while giving a reiki healing session you will know when is enough and when not,where to touch and where not to touch.

On the other hand its a good idea to start with your own self in the first steps,but please,open ypur self to other people.If your heart feels its right,then do it.

namasté.

Edited by - miguel on Jul 13 2010 08:10:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  09:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the encouragement Miguel

I intend to do some more reading on Reiki when i have the time. Just from my experience, I was amazed when i found that after about 30 seconds of contact with the intended area, there is an engorging of tissue with blood, just like with massage! How strange. and then of course the tension begins realeasing. Very interesting stuff here. I believe that the literature on Reiki may just be the tip of the iceberg with this because the dense body parts are activel working along with the prana!
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  11:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight
So for me, the spiritual gains come in tandem or in balanced opposition to corporal events. Releasing muscular tension with Reiki (or whatever you want to call it) is no different from massage, acupuncture or herbs.

A relaxed, tension free body is essential. So please do all you must to get this tension released.

My Guru told me to just hang my body over my backbone like putting a coat over a hanger. That's all I do when I sit for my meditation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000