Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Naad and Rom Rom on the rise
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  02:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I need some help interpreting what the pranic energy in my body is trying to tell me since 2007.

Things have calmed down, but there are some persistent symptoms. I physically oscillate when trying to sit still and the nada sounds (Anhad Shabad, Naad, Celestial Music, etc) are getting louder. When I drift off to sleep most night, my heart resonates (Rom Rom) and this wakes me up. Before 2007 I didn’t meditate, but since, I have been meditating, contemplating, reading holy text (Sikhi Gurbani now) and other devotional writings, in the hopes of resolving whatever is agitating my inner being. This seems to be increasing the nada and body resonance, so I think I’m blind to something and hope someone at AYP will have the experience to help me figure out what I need to do with this phase of awakening.

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  09:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Weclome to AYP, dear ik-jivan.

You are going through a unique experience of observing your own evolution. The real being sprouting from its seed/shell form.

I have read about a Yogi whose body used to 'Ram Ram' when he was asleep. The person sleeping next to him would wakeup but he would remain asleep himself.

I have studied in a Sikh school for 5 years. And I have also gone through parts of Gurbani.

Ek Omkar Satnam. The sound of Om is the truth. I have experienced the Omkar within myself.

The agitation of you inner being will go away in time. Let it sprout and keep meditating, contemplating, reading holy texts, lessons and posts on AYP.

And be in touch. This forum is like an online asharam where fellow beings share their unique experiences, help, understand and grow together.
Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  2:52:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SantM...message/2225
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SantMatFellowship/
http://yogananda.com.au/pyr/pyr_aum.html
http://www.yoga-age.com/amrita/nada.html
http://www.nityanandatradition.org/...ashgita.html

"All yogis who perform the sacrificial rite of listening to the omnipresent holy vibration of Aum attain cosmic perception, Veda, and by this expanding blessedness ascend to cosmic consciousness and become Self-realized souls, the true Brahmins or "knowers of Brahman."
-yogananda

"Once your mind dissolves in this Bindu Nada, Mukti is attained. The goal of meditation, he (Nityananda) tells us, is to keep our awareness in this Bindu Nada, even while going about our daily, mundane activities. This, he states is true Dhyan and Dharana. This alone is Samadhi. It is the means to live in the world without being of the world and it can only be taught by a Siddha Guru."
-nityananda

"How will we know when we have attained Liberation? Bhagawan Nityananda tells us we will know when our entire conscious awareness is absorbed in this Bindu Nada constantly. He tells us that this Bindu Nada is the primary quality and experience of Chidakasha. It is the very Vibration of Ananda (Bliss) that is attained when Sat (being) and Chit (pure perceiving awareness) unite"

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  8:12:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

quote:
Originally posted by michaelangelo7

"Once your mind dissolves in this Bindu Nada, Mukti is attained.

Once our mind dissolves, mukti is attained.

How?

quote:

"How will we know when we have attained Liberation? Bhagawan Nityananda tells us we will know when our entire conscious awareness is absorbed in this Bindu Nada constantly. He tells us that this Bindu Nada is the primary quality and experience of Chidakasha. It is the very Vibration of Ananda (Bliss) that is attained when Sat (being) and Chit (pure perceiving awareness) unite"

We will know we have attained liberation when the question of liberation and the questioner who held the question are dissolved in the Chidakasha we each and all actually ever are now.

Liberation is one name, from the side of duality, for our natural, fulfilled nature-being (abiding non-dual awareness); it is not known with the mind; there's no mind to artificially chop reality up into conceptual pieces, any longer.

Chidakasha is the space of pure, thought-free awareness; it is always, ever the true ground of being from which all arises from, displays within, and dissolves back into; the changeless within which all change happens.

Sat is being, existence, change, form -- contained within Chit, pure perceiving awareness.

The Sanskrit terms can sometimes make it all sound more complex and mysterious than it actually is.

Non-liberation involves artificial and disproportionate focus on, and attachment to, form.

Liberation is releasing this conditioned tendency by seeing that it is false.

The result is our natural state of abiding non-dual awareness-now: Satchidananda.

Even Liberation is a relative term, pertinent from the perspective of duality, only; in abiding non-dual awareness, there is only wholeness, which is not even noticed or considered, except in certain spontaneous moments of gratitude, if and when they arise.

Liberation is not an attainment; it is simply relaxation into the real.

However, it is pertinent to note that this relaxation, for most of us, seems to take some time, relatively-speaking, and it is greatly enhanced by consistent daily practices, such as AYP.

Why is this so?

Because the conditioned focus on-from the artificiality of the ego-error is literally embedded in the body-mind, and its falsity is seen through by allowing our physiology and psychology to return to their natural state, as Yogani articulates very well in the AYP Lessons, and this return can be, and for many of us, is, greatly supported by daily practices.

I hope this is useful.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

PS- I don't know much about the Sant Mat path; none of what I've written here is meant as a criticism of it, in any way. For all I know, it may be one of the good and powerful paths (easy to evaluate: are a lot of people realizing liberation with it? If so: it's one of the good ones, then). My comments are solely from the standpoint that the Sanskrit terms can potentially make the conditions described (chidakasha, etc.) as exotic and/or "far away" -- and my point is: none of us are ever without them; it's simply a matter of whether we're conscious of them, or not. None of this is outside any of us; there is no outside.

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  8:26:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ik-Jivan,

One of the most powerful principles of AYP is called Self-Pacing.

All this means is: we monitor and note our practices, and our results. If our practices (which would include, in your case, the things you describe in your post) seem to be increasing energy and/or agitation, and especially if there are uncomfortable results in day-to-day life (anxiety, depression, increased stress, etc.) -- we take this as a sign to roll practices back a bit, in whatever ways feel intuitively right.

This can include a break of a day or two or more, from all practices. Or maybe cutting practice times in half. Or possibly just noting what seems to generate the most energy-agitation, and temporarily rolling those back, or taking a short break from them.

This can all be managed fairly casually, unless the sense of agitation is extremely strong, and/or the effects in day-to-day life are extremely uncomfortable (in those cases, obviously, you'll feel a bit less casual about addressing them).

Basically, the dynamic of "pushing the envelope" is derived from those of us who feel that if twenty minutes of meditation is good, then three hours is better.

I get that ..... I'm like that, or at least, I was.

As Yogani says of our individual paths to liberation:

"This is a marathon, not a sprint."

That's actually a relatively literal statement: the dynamics of liberation, from the side of relativity *are* much more like a marathon, and running a marathon like a sprint doesn't get you anything except extremely sore, possibly injured and "out of the race", at least for a while.

Slow and steady wins the race, as some wise person or fictitious animal is said to have said.

Now, the other aspect of this, is:

Agitation is very subjective in our own experience, as is discomfort.

I always had a high tolerance for high energy, but in retrospect, I don't see or feel that it really got me anything, per se.

It feels more analogous to revving one's car engine while in neutral: it may sound (seem) impressive, or like something's actually happening, but it's just a zero-sum experience.

The other facet of self-pacing that can apply here is simply observation:

If, bit by bit, we notice that our awareness and peace are increasing, and that life is getting ever easier .... good deal, and keep going.

If the opposite is true, we're either believing strongly in something that is not true, or believing strongly in something that is not true while pushing the energetic envelope a bit too much.

Both are fairly easy to manage; the energy part as describe above, and the believing part by recognizing the no belief is true; a belief is an idea, and therefore not actual.

Releasing ideas, the actual arises to support us .... and the actual is infinite.

I hope this is useful.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  9:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Manigma for the welcome and for the insight you have provided. The sprouting seed analogy really describes the phenomenon perfectly. The motion of my body even looks like the struggle of a seedling as it reaches for the sun!

I’ve picked up a copy of Anhad Shabad Dasam Duar by Bhai Randhir Singh ji. Anand Shabad reads like an ode to the Naad, so I figure I’m keeping good company, at least. And you too hear the Naad, the Aum, Omkar? More good company!

My concern was that I needed to address something (do a hukam), but it seems you are saying it’s merely a manifestation of the consciousness evolving. Good! It’ll pass. I’m grateful for the experiences and the passing of them too!

This and all previous manifestation have been spontaneous. It seems the subconscious mind is the active force that causes the physical effects, which cause the conscious mind to puzzle and contemplate, research and practice. My practice is a very informal bhakti yoga that I’ve always just thought of as communion and companionship with the Divine. I’ve been doing that since infancy, naturally and without effort. Only the effects seem unnatural.

I have a secondary query about the activation of the chakras. The Dasam Duar, 6th & 7th chakras opened when I was about 24. I received a download of Love-Knowledge with all the physical expressions commonly known. It changed my worldview inextricable. I understood One from then on, but didn’t really know how to apply it. Many years later, in 2007, it seems that chakras 6, 4 and 2 were activated in rapid descending order. The ‘return to innocence’ theme was strong in the sentiments that arose within.

From what I have read about kundalini awakening, it ‘rises’. Is anyone familiar with a descent? Does Shakti ever grab Shiva by the hand and drag him down to her abode in the Mooladhara? I’ve been feeling rather awkward about the kind of ‘enlightenment’ I’ve been having with the kundalini awakening experience. Sure, it’s a ‘natural’ expression of the prana, but it’s not too ‘civilised’!

Yup. I’ll be following your advice about the practice and about keeping in touch with AYP forum. I’m not big on meditation, but always loved contemplation and observation, which I suppose has brought me to this point. Since last October I have been incorporating mantra discipline into my routine. I didn’t use technique to get here, but instinct and intuition are telling my intellect that I should use it now to maintain temporal-spiritual balance.

Thanks again for your generosity of knowledge.

Chardi Kala!
Go to Top of Page

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  10:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Michaelangelo7,
Thanks for all the links and quotes.

After looking at this: http://www.bhagavadgitausa.com/BINDU.htm, I’m not entirely sure ‘Bindu Nada’ is what I am experiencing. If it is, describing it like this will dishearten more than it will guide the masses toward consciousness evolution.

If we are talking about the same thing, then I agree with Nityananda’s statement that ‘It (Bindu Nada) is the means to live in the world without being of the world, but not with his statement that ‘it can only be taught by a Siddha Guru.’ My own experience contracts that.

I’ve lived an average Canadian life with the exception of an NDE before I was born and then again at the age of seven. I don’t know if this is a factor. I have memories of the Presence interacting (as concepts, as internally audible voice and with audio-video mind journeys) with my mind since infancy, but it wasn’t until I was seven that I became aware that It was other than self.

“How will we know when we have attained Liberation?” Oh, I’d have to say it’s when the world you live in grants you as much acceptance as you grant it, regardless of who or what you or it appear to be. To my surprise, this has happened. : )

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  11:40:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kirtanman,
I agree with every word in your grey post.

“Because the conditioned focus on-from the artificiality of the ego-error is literally embedded in the body-mind, and its falsity is seen through by allowing our physiology and psychology to return to their natural state, as Yogani articulates very well in the AYP Lessons, and this return can be, and for many of us, is, greatly supported by daily practices.”

Yes. I just returned to innocence . . . after a war between ego-will and Divine Will that wouldn’t have been fought at all, if I had not been ignorant. I didn’t mean to resist wilfully. I thought I was behaving correctly and in accordance with social norms. I was made to reconsider my position. Virtue can be a vice when such takes precedence over Divine Will.

Toward your white post, I also find agreement. What I practice is not to ‘get’ or even to ‘hold onto’ any particular state, but to prevent the ego from reasserting itself. When I feel too much energy, which manifests as a more frantic, rather than subdued rhythm of Rom Rom, I try a different mantra and if the rhythm still doesn’t slow its pace, I do just Mool Mantar and Waheguru Simran or even skip it all together. The Naad alone can subdue me. I have the impression that the Rom Rom might be meant as some kind of ‘reward’ for doing hukams. Nice . . . just like having a purring kitten, who loves me very much, come to sleep on my chest and in my face.

“Slow and steady wins the race, as some wise person or fictitious animal is said to have said.” That’s from the Mr. Dressup retelling of the Tortoise and the Hare story, I believe.

When C. G. Jung was asked if he believed in God, he paused and thought and then said, ‘No. I don’t believe. I know.’ A read of his biographies asserts that his knowledge of God was gained through experiences that contradicted his beliefs and forced him to deal with many dichotomies of thought and sentiment. He fought the war.

And the rest is good advice too. Thank you.

Chardi Kala!
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  02:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ik-jivan
My practice is a very informal bhakti yoga that I’ve always just thought of as communion and companionship with the Divine. I’ve been doing that since infancy, naturally and without effort. Only the effects seem unnatural.

Dear ik-jivan

On the path of spiritual evolution one goes through numerous phenomenons/experiences.

For example, if a blind man suddenly starts seeing or a deaf starts hearing, they would feel crazy in the beginning. Similarly the experiences like hearing the Naad, seeing visions (to name a few) are considered as scenery in AYP.

The experiences are real and beautiful/shocking. We like to share and find out more about what they mean. Its good.

But as I have given the example of the blind/deaf person above, such experiences becomes fairly normal in the circle of meditators.

I do not care much about such super natural/super normal experiences anymore. They just keep coming as we progress. My only goal is to reach the end of this journey. So I keep moving while witnessing these experiences on the way.

Sure one can stop, enjoy the experiences/scenery, share it, do a bit more research but the journey must continue.

The Omkar that I heard within was a key that opened a gate (Duar) within.

Hukum means the universe is an order, not a chaos. Things do not happen here haphazardly. An ordering hand is in everything, providing a purpose behind each event. All happenings are directed towards their ultimate development. - (The True Name - Talks on Japuji Saheb by Osho)

In a post from dear Christi here on AYP, he said that ascending of energy means Kundalini and descending is Grace from above.

The energy works in numerous combinations to clear the blocks at higher / lower levels. Yes, its not civilised all the time but you don't have to worry. Keep up with the Bhakti / prayers / grounding practices whenever you feel tense.

Yogani Ji (founder of AYP) always says 'The Guru is in you'. So whatever you are doing, reading new books, coming to AYP, trying to find answers to your queries, its all being guided by your inner Guru and the evolving consciousness.

Humans are most precious beings and therefore the most delicate... even more than the flowers. So take good care of yourself and Chardi Kala!
Go to Top of Page

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  12:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Manigma,
Yes. The phenomena are transitional, like signposts along the journey. Who would stop at a signpost and wish to linger there forever, regardless of how enchanting the scenery is? Perhaps those resisting change and acceptance of the evolutionary nature of conscious being? Learning, growing, rising and falling, like a wave, expansion and contraction, like the seasons . . . this is the movement of consciousness inching its way home. I don’t pine for a destination and that leaves me free of resentment toward the journey.

The fruit of Hukam has been observed through Emergence theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence). It seems we all have personal hukams to help us help ourselves and others. We can act intuitively on the suggestions that arise from the subconscious or the circumstances that manifest to push and pull to direct us, but as an observer, I like to have conscious awareness of and commit to memory those incidents as they arise. Learning to see the patterns helps me avoid resisting. With the exception of the 2007 ‘earthquake experience’ my journey has been mild. Epiphanies and physical manifestations are significant, but not alienating. I can integrate these with prior learning.

You quoted, ‘that ascending of energy means Kundalini and descending is Grace from above.’ Gurparsad. It’s the best explanation for the path I seem to be on. I’m just a Divine Love Puppet. No misgivings about that. It means I can relinquish care and control over what I think, feel and do as long as the ego submits.

I will take care. Thank you. Please do the same.

Chardi Kala!
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  03:52:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ik-jivan
I don’t pine for a destination and that leaves me free of resentment toward the journey.

This is called surrender. Very good!

But we should also keep the desire burning in the background and giving it fuel at times.

It works like a cycle: desire->will/energy->surrender->progress

Even though we don't have a clear vision of our destination, we should not divert / take our focus away from it.

Having a discipline in our spiritual path is foremost. We will progress much smoother and better this way.
Go to Top of Page

ik-jivan

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  9:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
“desire->will/energy->surrender->progress” – That is very succinct!

True enough about destination. . . just because we are ignorant doesn’t mean we should avoid learning either.

Yes, having a discipline in our spiritual path does make things more manageable. Without a discipline, all I have is a head full of harmonics and a heart (and now a left leg too) full of vibrations. With a discipline, I still have a head full of harmonics and a heart full of vibrations, but also the peace of mind to accept it as a passing phase of evolution.

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  08:46:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000