Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini, Histamine, Allergies & Energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  9:40:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I'm doing some research on Kundalini, and histaminic (allergic) response, due to some massively powerful seasonal allergy symptoms I'm currently experiencing (primarily to cut grass).

I found this excellent article on Kundalini and Histamine, which should be of interest to anyone, even if you've never had an allergic reaction to anything in your life (as the article states "Histamines use in the body is not solely involved in allergic inflammatory response. The hormone/chemical transmitter histamine is a biogenic monoamine similar to serotonin, epinephrine and norepinephrine.")

Article: Kundalini & Histamine

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jun 06 2010 9:40:40 PM

Jaycee

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  05:58:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jaycee's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kirtanman,

Thanks for this link. I've been experiencing rhinitis and asthma for the last couple of years or so, and this has given me some useful information.
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  11:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just curious - are you doing amaroli?
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  1:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jaycee

Hi Kirtanman,

Thanks for this link. I've been experiencing rhinitis and asthma for the last couple of years or so, and this has given me some useful information.

Hi Jaycee; you're welcome - glad it was useful!

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  2:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tadeas

Just curious - are you doing amaroli?

Hi Tadeas,

I haven't been ... but used to do amaroli; just kind of got away from it.

I do remember that it's supposed to help allergy symptoms; maybe I'll give it a try, again.

Thanks for the reminder, Tadeas.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  4:22:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It helped with all of mine it's a strong feedback loop to the body. Enjoy :)
Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  1:24:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jala neti is supposed to be good for hayfever, it flushes the nose clean of allergens. I bought a neti pot around a month ago in time for hayfever season and this is the first summer I can remember since childhood where I've had no symptoms. Could be due to other things as well perhaps but it's worth a try if you don't do it already
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  05:55:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
I too am suffering from hayfever this summer. I have started amaroli around two weeks ago - this has not helped so far.
I have been doing jala neti for the past two years - this hasnt helped.
However I was suggested nettle tea that one can buy in the super market and that seems to help - even if the effects are temporary. Just thought will let the fellow sufferers know of this remedy that may work for you ?....
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  2:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mathurs

Hi All,
I too am suffering from hayfever this summer. I have started amaroli around two weeks ago - this has not helped so far.
I have been doing jala neti for the past two years - this hasnt helped.
However I was suggested nettle tea that one can buy in the super market and that seems to help - even if the effects are temporary. Just thought will let the fellow sufferers know of this remedy that may work for you ?....

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the suggestions!!

I've been intermittent with amaroli, but will see about getting more consistent with it, and report back.

I do jala neti daily, and get some relief; my thinking is: allergen (pollen, etc.) lodge in nose mucous, and presumably can promote or aggravate the histaminic (allergic) response, and so, keeping it clear just makes sense.

Plus, it helps with keeping the tissues hydrated.

I'll plan to give the nettle tea a try; I've never tried it.

The main thing I'm finding, and which makes sense, is:

Drinking more water is KEY. The histaminic response is a fundamental response in the body, and is tied to dehydration.

The allergic reaction and aggravation of allergy symptoms has dehydration at its root, per the book Your Body's Many Cries For Water, by Dr. Batmanghelidj, http://www.watercure.com

He recommends drinking at least two quarts of water for three to four weeks (and thereafter), for some major, cure-level allergy relief.

It takes three to four weeks to re-set the body's lower thirst signals and bodily processes, per the severe dehydration we almost all experience, throughout our entire lives.

Basically, according to Dr. Batmanghelidj, and his logic is pretty much impeccable, nearly everyone in industrialized society is the product of many generations of drinking less and less water ......... and suffering from everything from migraine headaches, to allergies and asthma, to high cholesterol, to many other conditions, due to dehydration alone.

Water is the field for the body, exactly as awareness is the field for all (including the body).

The closer to source we address anything .... the more powerful the results.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2010 :  4:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that Kirtanman. Time and time again I've read of the importance of keeping the body properly hydrated, and yet I just can't seem to develop the habit of drinking a healthy amount of water!

Incidentally, I've had some hayfever symptoms over the last couple of days, so I guess the neti isn't a foolproof remedy for me after all.

At the moment I guess I drink around about one quart/litre of pure water a day at best, it'll be interesting to see if upping water intake will have any effects on spiritual practices. I started amaroli recently and the increasing body-wellness gained from that has certainly had a knock on effect for other practices, perhaps more water will achieve a similar effect

Love,

Alex

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000