Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 getting sucked into the crown
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  2:13:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone

I have some questions about an experience I had last night. For a few moments while lying in bed, I felt like the whole top of my head was open and an energy flow was happening there. There was a gentle suction, like the crown was trying to suck me up into it. I felt like I could've gone up there, but because I was slightly startled by this (wasn't expecting it), I resisted the pull. It went away after a moment. I was hoping it would happen again so I could go with it, but it didn't.

Does the crown actually suck you up into it? Is this desirable, or should I resist it? I've read the lessons and some of the forum topics on crown experiences, but haven't found any mention of the crown pulling you out. There are mentions of a drawing upwards, but I haven't read about anyone actually getting pulled up into the crown.

What would you recommend if this happens again?

Besides cosmic samyama before bed, I'm not doing anything directly crown related. Not even "testing the crown" or anything. Practice is stable. None of this has been uncomfortable or destabilizing.

Thank you for reading this. I appreciate any insights you may have on this.

Much love to you
cosmic

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  2:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey cosmic

I have been sucked not only up to the crown, but right through it and out the top of my head into a sort of "unbound awareness". Here is a topic I started a year and a half or so ago that talks a bit about my experience with the sucking sensations at the crown:http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ucking,crown . Katrine and others had some great advice in that thread that will likely help you.

Love!

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  3:02:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosmic, yes this does happen sometimes... to go with it or not is your choice (the guru is in you) worst case scenario is some overloading symptoms and here self pacing should be put into practice...

If the symptoms become too heavy, then self pace accordingly and when the suction is too much relax don't resist and gently redirect your attention toward the third eye. i've sort of become an expert on this, and in time it gets lighter and lighter...

In case you are interested in approaching the crown then the best place to start is here: http://www.aypsite.org/199.html

Per cosmic samyama, Yogani says that it has a balancing effect concerning the crown.

Love
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  3:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a simmilar experience two years ago after an intensive yoga retreat.Will be interesting to know more about this kind of experience here.Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  3:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson, hope you're doing well bro; we kind of cross posted.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  4:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate your responses, guys.

Carson, thanks for the link. I found it helpful. It's comforting to know that you and others have been through the crown and back. Especially the "back" part... I do want to see what's out there, but there was some slight fear about not returning.

Oh and Happy Father's Day to you! Don't know if you celebrate it up north...

Hey Ananda . Thanks for the advice bro. Does putting attention on the third eye keep you "here"? Or just make it easier to handle? The suction was gentle, so if it happens again, I'll go with it and see what happens. Hopefully will come back to share my experiences

With Love
cosmic

Edited by - cosmic on Jun 21 2010 4:12:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  4:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

Does putting attention on the third eye keep you "here"? Or just make it easier to handle?
With Love
cosmic

kind of tune things down a bit and make them easier to handle in case the gentle suction turns into a blizzard... but never forget the part about relaxing and the gentle redirecting of attention.

Love
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  8:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Ananda. I'll remember this if it happens again.

Much Love!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000