Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 is this for me?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hos

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2010 :  11:19:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I am a 62-year-old quadriplegic man who has been paralyzed from the neck down since age 22. At that time I was just becoming confident in my sexuality. In one moment I lost my ability to feel most of my body including my genitals. My sense of sexuality was greatly damaged and I have been seeking answers on how to regain spiritual well-being and again experience bliss.
I do not ejaculate normally if at all and have never gone "over the edge" and achieved an orgasm through mental stimulation.
It seems that this physical sexual block has created much imbalance in my energy forces and I am experiencing insomnia, chronic anxiety, hopelessness, and low self-esteem.
I do deep breathing often which I find centering but I have not been able to learn to meditate effectively.
I am frustrated and ready to move on. I have read a bit about Tantra
and think that it may be the way. I am seeking both sexual fulfillment and most importantly spiritual advancement.
Do you think Tantra may be the way?

Thank you

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2010 :  11:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hos and wellcome to ayp,

In relation with your tantric sexual questions im not an expert on this and im sure other will help you here better than me

On the other hand i highly recomend you to try ayp dm,wich you can do with no problem.see here:

http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

Its a highly efective and simple-easy to learn technic.You can use the ayp forums if you have some questions,lot of people there helping each other.

If you find ayp dm tool very powerful (restlesness,strong emotions,too much energy inside...etc) to you,please,reduce you dm time to your good personal level (self pacing ayp principle).If this measure is not enough then try ayp breath meditation (softer pratice):

http://www.aypsite.org/367.html ("Replacing the Mantra with Breath as the Object of Meditation" part).

Both are very easy to do practices,but first try ayp dm.

Wish you all the best in you spiritual path.

Namaste.

Edited by - miguel on Jul 06 2010 12:05:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hos

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2010 :  6:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Miguel. I have much to learn. It seems that I have been trying to achieve the same orgasm/ejaculation I was having before my accident at age 22.
I know there is much more to sexual energy and I want to experience it. I don't know if I will recognize an orgasm if I have one. It just seems like my sexual energy is bottled up and I need a way to let it flow.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2010 :  04:19:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your wellcome hos.
I think ayp dm can help you in the process.

namasté.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2010 :  08:49:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forum Hos.

I will agree with Miguel. It may be a good idea to add some deep meditation and then in a few weeks add spinal breathing pranayama.

With tantra you work on cultivating energy. But if you have blocks it is not going to do you much good. Like you say, the energy is bottled up. So the first step would be to purify/clean out your nervous system. Meditation and pranayama are designed to do this. Once the nervous system is slightly opened up, then adding tantra and cultivating the energy will help.

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000