Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Golden ring/star without previous conditioning?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  10:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone seen the golden ring/star without previous conditioning?

It seems like everyone was already familiar with the image of the ring/star before seeing it.

Could it be just a product of simple clairvoyance and the mind?

Edited by - alwayson2 on Jun 30 2010 10:11:33 PM

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  10:31:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not seen the golden ring star, but I have seen my arm like a lightsaver without any conditioning, and a couple other things
Go to Top of Page

Kriyaban

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  11:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes i have seen it and i wasnt preconditioned to it as i had no thought of it, no context.

Edited by - Kriyaban on Jul 01 2010 10:58:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  02:07:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

Has anyone seen the golden ring/star without previous conditioning?

Yes.
quote:

Could it be just a product of simple clairvoyance and the mind?

No.
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  11:07:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It could be a case of mental imagery or clairvoyance, if you will. The mind is capable of producing any image whatsoever, despite how holy or revered they may be to some. A person previously exposed to an image of, or even the very idea of "the star" could just as easily produce a mind's eye vision of that phenomena as any other.

I'm not attempting to validate or invalidate the existence of "the golden ring/the star" in any way. Just simply pointing out that just because someone experiences some sort of mental imagery, I don't think that necessarily proves the existence of it as some sort of objective phenomena. Then again, maybe there is something to it after all. I really don't know :)

Edited by - Clear White Light on Jul 01 2010 11:50:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  12:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brother neil

Not seen the golden ring star, but I have seen my arm like a lightsaver without any conditioning, and a couple other things

I can see you've still got that Star Wars VHS cassette.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  12:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Clear White Light

It could be a case of mental imagery or clairvoyance, if you will. The mind is capable of producing any image whatsoever, despite how holy or revered they may be to some. A person previously exposed to an image of, or even the very idea of "the star" could just as easily produce a mind's eye vision of that phenomena as any other.

I'm not attempting to validate or invalidate the existence of "the golden ring/the star" in any way. Just simply pointing out that just because someone experiences some sort of mental imagery, I don't think that necessarily proves the existence of it as some sort of objective phenomena. Then again, maybe there is something to it after all. I really don't know :)

Exactly my feelings. Well said.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  12:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

quote:
Originally posted by Clear White Light

Exactly my feelings. Well said.

I don't speak much about any scenery... but just one thing to add here...
I have imagined that star and the ring many times and thought I saw it ... but the day I really saw it ... there was no mistaking it for imagination... it is just AWESOME!!!! beyond anything that can be imagined... even if you have seen a gazillion images of it and imagined it in every possible way... the day you see the ring in your inner eyes organically... there is no mistaking it for imagination.

Till then you guys can speculate all you want and argue away on it being imagination or real...
Go to Top of Page

Kriyaban

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  2:05:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
imagining one thing or "seeing" it is COMPLETELY different than actually having a darshan of what we are talking about. LOL there is no comparision. i am glad i wasnt preconditioned, but even if i were, there is such a difference b/w what the mind can come up with and what is actually viewed that it is EASILY understood that there is no mental imagining going on, not even on a subconscious level. it is once seen, understood by the person viewing it, that it is real, not anything your mind could even conceive of, thats why its so difficult to talk about. but shouldnt be talked about anyway. its your personal journey. people can try to speak of it,draw it or whatever, but never understand until one has actually viewed it.

Edited by - Kriyaban on Jul 01 2010 2:10:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  5:25:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Akasha

quote:
Originally posted by brother neil

I can see you've still got that Star Wars VHS cassette.

Never thought about that, maybe that was my pre conditioning. Thanks for pointing that out and maybe darth vader is my farther? I do have blonde hair and blue eyes like luke, so I guess he is my brother too.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  10:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I just wanted to add my 2 cents to Shanti's and Kriyaban's comments.

If it's experienced as something even remotely like imagination, or like any other previous experience of any kind ... that's not it.

One of the reasons that we call such things "scenery" here at AYP, is to remind people that it's not about any form or energy, no matter how subtle or beautiful or staggering to the mind, when actually experienced.

The more impressive iterations of scenery, such as the star, are signposts at best, distractions at worst.

The Yoga Spandakarika warns against being caught up in any of these subtle forms, as does AYP.

Many people (quote unquote) have become enlightened without ever seeing the star/ring.

On the other hand, keep practicing, and you'll see it eventually. It seems that everyone does, if they engage in correct pranayama practice, and they keep at it consistently.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000