Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Unsure if its too much
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  1:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi there,

My Pranayama feels great when im doing it, i even dont want to stop after the 10mins. Im doing pranayama now maybe for a month, but i have two symptoms which are distracting from meditation somehow, and im not sure if i should screw down pranayama or if it will smooth out somehow.

First symptom is a light to heavy pressure at the third eye, which is not so much distracting. But the second symptom is, my whole body feels orgasmic, to a degree where it nearly burns inside.

I could imagine that this has already been asked, but i couldnt find something with that sexual burning symptom.

Thanks
Pan

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  2:23:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Pan

The first symptom I wouldn't worry about, unless it's uncomfortable or distracting.

The second symptom raises an eyebrow. When you say "nearly burns", is it uncomfortable or painful? Does it leave you feeling drained or emotionally numb/cranky/out of it?

If yes, I would definitely cut back on the time, or cut SBP out completely if the symptoms are really uncomfortable.

As you mentioned, it's also possible it will smooth out. Or not. There's really only one way to find out...

Hope this helps

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  3:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey cosmic,

Yeah right, only one way to find out... i just wasnt sure if its better to cut down or leave it completely. Its not draining in any way, its more like my whole nerv system is under fire, yes it feels kind of painful, but only maybe until 40 mins after pranayama, then it gets better. Im just enjoying pranayama so much, that id like to go on with it, but its maybe useless when it distracts from my meditation :S
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  5:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Panthau

i just wasnt sure if its better to cut down or leave it completely.

Cutting down to 5 mins. can sometimes make a big difference. I usually try to cut down before cutting out, unless symptoms are too much to handle. But that's just my approach. Others would advise a more cautious approach (and wisely so ).
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  12:40:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok alright. That makes sense. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  2:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok definitly too much, im so irritable and nervous, seems like my weak nervous system gets too much input. So this burning sensation is maybe only my special nervous system :S

Haha, with the keyword "irritable" i found exactly my problem:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ms=irritable

Edited by - Panthau on Jul 01 2010 2:54:31 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000