Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 The Divine Spark
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tomllee

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  10:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
DURING SITTING PRACTICES this morning, which I do immediately before pranayama and meditation, my consciousness was dwelling in the vacinity of my 3rd eye chakra (Ajna). The thought came through "You cannot know or experience the Divine Spark in others until you experience it in yourself. You should not have a mate until you recognize and experience the Divine Spark in others".

Later, doubts about the validity of that experience, that crystal clear thought, were followed by another thought of the same quality, "Of course you have doubt! You have always doubted! That is your Ego saying that it is all there is...that this "Spiritual Stuff" is just so much bunkum and mumbo jumbo. To be disregarded or used to enhance itself in some way".

I share this experience for largely selfish reasons. That primarily being to validate these unique experiences to make them a bit tougher for my ego to make use of. Thanks for allowing me to speak up and for caring!

tomllee

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  11:32:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It occurred to me a bit earlier that my Ego (coherent sense of self) is, at least in relationship to that which is truly spriritual, consituted primarily of three major parts...
1. The idea that this "Spiritual Stuff" is totally bogus and no more than smoke, mirrors, and snake oil salesmanship. Just so much "hocus-pocus"
2. The idea that this "Spiritual Stuff", whether it is real or entirely a product of the imagination, can be used to my advantage...to enhance myself somehow (my Ego, that is)
3. The idea that this "Spiritual Stuff" as I "know" about it is real and is from Satan...arises from evil and is a royal road to Hell.
It would seem to me that my ego has done an excellent job of covering all the bases! Thanks for reading!
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  2:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tomllee

It would seem to me that my ego has done an excellent job of covering all the bases!

Good reason not to take it (ego) so seriously
Go to Top of Page

tomllee

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  4:58:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Which is exactly what I hope and plan to do...with a little help from my friends. Thanks, cosmic!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000