Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Newbie experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JECDisciple123

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  08:08:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello fellow meditators,

i began my spiritual journey february of this year practising reiki level one for 3 months. In the beginning I went through, what my reiki grand master referred to as a 'healing crisis' which would be described here as a lot of purification. After this passed I enjoyed the effects of reiki, I was full of love and compassion for others and felt more at one. I continued practising and then took my second level initiation in may and began practising that. However on my way home from nepal (where I had been learning reiki) I met a guy who told me about ayp. I followed it up and began reading and reading. I felt a pull to try the meditation but did not want to mix practices or move too quickly. So I chose to neglect my reiki and focus on ayp. I did this because I felt more comfortable having so much information about the practices and the 20 minutes a day suits me much more. I liked te forum and the sharing of experiences and the mystery of new practices available for me in the future-all for free. Amazing.

So I began on the 1st of June. In the beginning I felt calmer and positive in my daily activities. I also quick taking alcohol so I could not ruin my progress. However about 6 days ago I had an experience in my meditation unlike prevolious ones. 10 mins into meditation I let go and relaxed myself completely, I then focused on the mantra a little less directly and began feeling the energy starting to change. I felt very strange and my body felt forced forward and I felt I was rotating a little. My body was alive! The palms of my hands were sore and my mouth dropped open (it sometimes does that?). After meditation I fell asleep? For 40 minutes and woke feeling groggy and uncomfortable. Since then I have felt a little dull and irritable in my days, not feeling the love or the calmness or the zest for life I want. But fom what I have read this seems part and parcel of the purification process, right? Since my experience I have continued meditation as normal and am getting glimpses of more silence. I believe that perhaps a more active daily life will help me recover (I'm a student turned unemployed).

Apolgies for posting such a mundane experience but I had an urge to share and would really appreciate some advice/encouragment or something.

Many thanks and blessings,

JEC

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  08:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JEC - and welcome to the forum

Your recent experience sounds to me like purification - and I've certainly had a couple of very similar experiences. I'm assuming you're doing 20m DM morning and evening? Are you taking a few minutes after each session to simply rest and relax? If not, it might help. When I started AYP I didn't bother very often with resting afterwards, and headed straight into overload

Interesting about the sore palms - I'm a reiki master myself, and I've never experienced that during meditation. Just curious - but what do you do with your hands while you meditate - do you hold them in a particular position? I'm wondering if that's stimulating the hands somehow?

I wish you all the best with your AYP practice - and remember the golden rule - self-pace as necessary

Much love.

Edited by - amoux on Jun 17 2010 09:25:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

JECDisciple123

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  09:39:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your swift reply!

I am doing my meditation 20 minutes in the morning and evening and resting for 10 minutes after. I hold my hands in a mudra whereby my index finger and thumb connect. I rest my hands on my knees. However, wherever I hold my hands, they have great sensation.
Do you combine ayp and reiki? If so how? I stopped my 21 days of level 2 initiation to do this because I prefer this process, but I am very eager to go back to reiki in time once I have completed the fundamental steps in meditation. What do you think?
Does purification always pass eventually? Is it unusual that it is lasting quite a while ( 6 days so far)?
Oh also, when my body feels the urge to move forward should I let it happen?
Finally during this purification, my breathing is difficult to slow down in meditation, any thoughts?

Thank you thank you!

JEC
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  11:49:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info - funnily enough, I use the same hand position myself. It occurs to me that maybe what's happening with your hands is simply an after-effect of your reiki initiation. It is quite common for the hands to activate spontaneously following reiki attunement. I'd just discount it as 'scenery' and carry on as you are.

No, I don't combine AYP and reiki - AYP is such a powerful stand-alone practice, that it's unnecessary to do so - and might in fact lead to overload problems, at least theoretically

Purification is an ongoing thing. In reiki terms, though some arbitrary period is given by some teachers for 'cleansing', experiences can vary widely. When I taught master level, I advised that the purification process was likely to continue for the rest of the lifetime

In AYP terms, purification is ongoing - the question is whether or not you can handle it comfortably. By what you write about experiencing glimpses of silence, it sounds like you're doing really well. And yes, an active life is really helpful. That's the 'acid test' of how we're doing in our practices - what are the fruits we see in everyday life?

Much love

Edited by - amoux on Jun 17 2010 11:54:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

JECDisciple123

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  1:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I will adjust my mindset towards the purification process and continue as ever! Thanks for the encouragement.

Tatomasi

jec
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  05:09:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You're very welcome

As to the body swaying, I simply allow it to happen, keeping returning the focus gently to the mantra. So far as breathing is concerned, I've found that sometimes I'm almost panting, other times the breath comes very slow - again, just let your breathing be. You don't need to synchronise breathing and mantra, as you know, so just let the breathing take care of itself. It will

Maybe let us know how you're doing in a couple of weeks, or so?

Much love
Go to Top of Page

JECDisciple123

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  10:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there

practice is continuing and I am enjoying it very much. Has anybody got any thoughts on the folowing: I feel like I am holding on to something that manifests physically. I feel tense in my body, weirdly, most noticeably, in my cheeks! Like a sore sensitivity. Or maybe it's my jaw. In meditation when I relax my mouth drops open completely loose. Connection?
Also I have enjoyed much spiritual readingz the book of mirdad is mysterious and full of treasure. However some books which have been recommended to me such as Ask and it is Given are strange to me. Has anybody got thoughts on this book or the law of attraction? Or perhaps some books you have liked?

I am now.

jec

Are there any other newbies out there? X
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  11:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum JEC!

Regarding books: Aside from the books Yogani wrote, Yogani put together a comprehensive list of books worth your attention.

Here's a link! http://www.aypsite.org/booklist.html

Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000