Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 am I experiencing Kundalini problems?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bobbe

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  3:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi to all meditators.

I'm writing to explain a little accident that has happened to me today during my pm meditation. The episode has been very similar to the one described in the previous thread I've opened: while I was meditating I've experienced a general feeling of rigidity and "difficulty" that I've found overwhelming after about six minutes after my meditation began. This feeling, before forcing me to stop meditation has compelled me to fidget. The feeling was located in the neck, arms and upper shoulder. I stopped meditating and I took 10 minutes rest and then I started again to meditate and I was able to reach 20 minutes but that was a VERY sleepY session and when I finished to meditate I fall asleep for 15 minutes.

any advice?

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  6:05:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bobbe,
IMO., it was correct to restart shortly and to not capitulate. The friction and dizziness is usually due to releasing deeper blockages from the subconscious and nervous system; even seemingly simple 'pain sources' such as incorrect sitting posture (or a strained breath) are two-way streets, it's hard to tell which one is the effect/the cause.
You can even feel tired immediately afterwards. Therefore, it's good to notice how you feel during the day, and the next day, and next. If your energy, inspiration, feeling of freedom or 'flow' in life increases in the long term, then you're on track and the friction was/is a symptom of a growth process. Usually, we notice neither consciously nor verbally what exactly is being released. A frightening or embarassing memory is not forgotten but it loses its frightening emotional 'charge', its invisible 'grip' on one's mind, its blocks of one's nadis and chakras. But you usually make a good guess based on your recent dreams or on friction symptoms like those you experienced. These sound like you've passed an initial period where you mostly dealt with 'everyday rubbish' (I always forget to do this, I often mess up that, I usually succeed in... etc) and progress to dealing with/healing from 'lifetime rubbish' (often beyond words). Of course it's helpful to do asana and pranayama before meditation, to tackle the friction from three angles (like three big bumps instead of just one big mountain in meditation)

That having been said, when you're meditating you always deal with all kinds of thoughts/feelings/sensations the same way: just gently favouring your mantra, always bringing it back to focus, without pushing, no matter the yawns or dizziness. Kundalini is a little like a fairy-tale princess, pretending to be a viper one day, a frog another day, a disgusting witch the next, until she reveals her beauty much later. But what makes you a real man (or human) in your love affair with Ms. Kundalini is your growing awareness and perseverance. So your seemingly bad news sounds like a milestone at the same time. Landscapes change but the path continues - don't give up.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000