AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 How do you combine AYP/kriya technique and Jnana?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  3:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I have just been initiated into Kriya Yoga through Gurunath, which i had been waiting to receive for a few months, additionally I have recently been really appreciating Eckhart Tolle, Adyshanti, Mooji and all the Jnana, Non dual self inquiry out there. A lot of the time these teachers advise that there is no need to master a technique or meditation etc and that (rightly so) we are already enlightened, we just need to realise it, realise our oneness. When reading Adyshanti's book lately (Emptiness dancing) I have felt I have really been getting somewhere, but there is no real technique to enlightenment in his (and a lot of others) teachings, in fact, the way I interpret it, believing you have to do something to realise yourself, in a way is seen to reinforce the mind, give something the mind to hold onto.

My question is if it's possible at all, how do you maintain Jnana yoga practice while intently using techniques?

Does this make sense?

+ Also just a wondering, has anyone ever heard of someone becoming enlightened or having a partial awakening through simply reading a masters work?

God bless :)

Edited by - 11jono11 on Jun 14 2010 3:19:04 PM

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  4:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jono,

Adyashanti teaches two practices for becoming enlightened. One is Zazen, which he calls "true meditation", and the other is a method of self-inquiry. I think he discusses both in his book called "True meditation". Other terms for zazen are "taking the one seat" or "just sitting". Eckhart Tolle teaches a body awareness practice for awakening spiritual energy, and even Mooji has said that if you feel drawn to spiritual practices then you should do them. So even the so called Jnana yogis are not always that exclusory when it comes down to it.

Kriyas are just methods for purifying the mirror, so that we can come to realize the truth of our being. Kriyas purify the body, meditation purifies the mind. Then, when the mirror is clear and the fruit is ripe, Jnana helps it to drop. In truth, it will drop anyway, given time.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  4:12:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can read up Lesson 327 – The Evolutionary Stages of Mind
Lesson 329 – Pitfalls of the Mind
Lesson 334 – Advaita (non-duality), Free Will and Karma
You can check the other lessons in which Yogani talks about Advaita and practices in the topic index:
http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html

Hope these help.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  4:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi and I cross posted.
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  6:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000