AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 what feels right
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nisargajay

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  07:41:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello all

about a year and a half ago after much searching and reading i discovered the teachings of nisargadatta maharaj since discovering i have read everyday constantly and pretty much every book written about him to understand his teachings which now im really starting to do.
everyday day from the moment i wake until sleep im constantly watching myself all thoughts emotions feelings which has caused me to feel fear release emotions and many physical symptoms i also keep feeling the urge to gain more knowledge to destroy the ignorance in me which i keep seeming to find at the right time.
the question is i just cant seem to meditate it feels i need to clear stuff before i go into quietude is this a process.

thanks

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  08:19:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meditation is of prime importance. What you are doing is good, but will be much more effective after you gain inner silence from meditation.
It is normal to feel you "can't meditate", but you need to attempt to do it anyway. Sit quietly for the prescribed amount of time (in the lessons or read the little deep meditation book), and follow the mantra instructions the best you can. It is normal to forget what you are doing, but keep returning. It gets easier as you practice twice a day.
Once you gain silence from meditating, your self inquiry will be a lot more effective.
Go to Top of Page

nisargajay

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  09:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks
the information on here about meditation is the best described ive seen and i will start using the instructions.
i have felt since starting reading and bieng more aware that there has been quite a big clearing going on inside the effects of that have really shown.
i do walk for 2 hours a day repeating mantra in my mind is says in your instructions to repeat in meditation iam could i use the mantra i use now or is i am better.

thanks again
Go to Top of Page

nisargajay

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  12:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
having read your lessons on meditation i will use the i am mantra it all makes a lot of sense
Go to Top of Page

nisargajay

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  06:01:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi all
i am very devoted to the teachings of my guru and understand the teachings on a intellect level extremely well and i think thw words teachings have had a profound effect on my life but the one thing ive been frustrated about is meditation until now the way its described here is or me more subtle its made me realize were ive gone wrong when ive tried before and its also made the way my guru explain it make sense.
ive tried deep meditation 4 times and it is as explained what i tend to do is allow the mantra to go on longer as iammmmmm it seems to allow me to ocus on the vibration more is this ok, i did notice that the anxiety gets worse during meditation pressure in the chest and forehead i also get a feeling a the base of my spinee the makes my back keep arching i dont let these put me of i just ignore them apart from that going to carry on practicing.
allthough i sat for between 20 and 30 mins it only elt like 5 time seems to fly.
nisargajay
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  6:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You didn't go wrong, it's all a process, all a culmination of searching.

If you are struggling to meditate for the full 20 mins then that is also fine, reduce accordingly. More time does not mean better results. 5 minutes of spinal breathing prior to meditation and a nice rest at the end followed by a brisk walk also helps.

Read the articles on self pacing because it is very important to monitor things. There is no need to go for overload just take it nice and easy and enjoy it.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  01:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Nisargajay - But please do not go reciting the mantra "I am" whilst you go walking for two hours; according to AYP, the mantra is to be used only during the 20mins sitting in Deep Meditation. This could lead to serious overload.
Go to Top of Page

nisargajay

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  04:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi seysorciere
i restricted the mantra to just meditation, now i can see the effect its having my walking now is reflection based rather than mantra based.
your right to much is overload thanks for the advice
niargajay
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  12:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nisargajay

it feels i need to clear stuff before i go into quietude is this a process.

thanks

The process of clearing the stuff is actually meditation. Meditate on your guru's words whenever you need and do deep meditation on its time.
The difference is that you can meditate on Advaita any time with your senses open or closed. Only through this practice all vibrations associated with your life become divine. All deep meditations are only preparatory practice to make meditation a 24 hour process. So they are also important at this stage
Go to Top of Page

nisargajay

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  6:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi shivoham
thanks for your reply my teachers words have become more relevant and meaning full recently and my devotion to his path of learning is becoming stronger.
just trying to understand the teachings is a meditation in its self i agree but just like he trusted his teacher i trust him.
nisargajay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000