Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Neck symptoms/chiropractic/Heat/self-regulation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  12:54:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
To my AYPeeps!

I hope you are all well, happy and moving forward skillfully!

About 10 ays ago i reached what seemed like dangerous (possible tumors?) symptoms in my neck on the right side, and they were starting to create pain on the left. I consulted a Malaysian Master (by internet) who does healing. I didn't tell him about my AYP practice, but he said to stop doing meditation and praying because it weakens the neck, and that he'd give me some exercises to help me later on. Never heard back, unfortunately.

I asked spiritually if the condition was indeed dangerous, and was told that it wasn't, on the physical level, but WAS potentially, on the energetic.

The affected area was full of heat, there were soft swellings and also very tense, hardened bodies there. I had also lost a lot of mobility in my neck.

I stopped the Ayp practices DM/Pranayama/Samyama and went to my very intuitive chiropractor. He sensed the heat and said the bodies were muscular and not tumors, but that the condition in the energy body DID need care before becoming physically dangerous. He adjusted the area and the area softened over the next week or so. The heat released pretty readily, yet migrated to my temples and the top of my head!

This got to be irritating after awhile and i eventually i was told spiritually, to do a simple zen meditation with my tongue up to the front of the upper palate. I did so for maybe 20 min or half hour and fell asleep. When I awoke, the heat was gone from my head.

That part was maybe half a week ago. The heat is again migrating to the top of my skull and the scalp is less sensitive there. The temples are cooled. I got more chiropractic this week, and maintain the restored mobility, but the muscles are still somewhat distressed. I miss my practice badly, though i feel as if i have not lost much of he progress made. My brain activity seems a lot more orderly now and my body is still feeling nicely alive and moderately ecstatic a lot of the time.

I still have a VERY hard time maintaing the fluid balance in my body due to an inability to respond to thirst reflex....usually dehydrated, but i am trying. Also, the weather is hot, where i am, in the daytime now.

I want to return to my practice, but would like some advice from my friends here, about what my course should be. I will continue the chiropractic once per week (next Thurs or Fri) and maybe i should continue with the Zazen???

Blessings!

Rael

sunrise

Germany
16 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  10:49:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit sunrise's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Rael,
what you described sounds serious, and I hope that you will recover soon and completely. From my own experience, simple meditation (TM, DM) helped me a lot to soften up cramped neck and shoulders, but with samyama the hardening returned with full force, worse than ever. I would like to suggest to skip sanyama but to practice few minutes of DM (5 or more, according to how you feel). Listen to your feelings is most important, your subconsciousness knows already what is good for you. To prevent dehydration, my natural healing teacher recommended to fill an 0,5 liter mug with fresh water as first thing in the morning. Drink 1/3 of it before urinating the first time a day, 1/3 after, and 1/3 during breakfast. Make sure to get at least 2 liters of fresh water a day. By filling a mug and placing it on your desk, it will be easier to remember to drink it.
Wishing you the best!
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  4:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunrise

Sunrise:

Dear Rael,
what you described sounds serious, and I hope that you will recover soon and completely. From my own experience, simple meditation (TM, DM) helped me a lot to soften up cramped neck and shoulders, but with samyama the hardening returned with full force, worse than ever.

R: Hi S!,

Thank you for getting back to me! I hope you have been able to return to Samyama, but it sounds like it is a bit much for you too. I think i had added on more too soon....before then i was doing pretty well with what i had started with. Makes me wonder though, if making progress with just the starter list of sutras would have done this eventually too?

Though it is a bit annoying, it's also quite remarkable, that just a vague notion dropped into silence can cause such havoc! Well, at last we know it's doing something for SURE!!!

I am now remembering that someone else had problems with this and recommended a type of Chi Kung......i will look back into that (a video link). If i find the message, let me know if you need it and i will figure out for you how to access it. It's all coming back...this allowed the person to do Samyama very comfortably!

S: I would like to suggest to skip sanyama but to practice few minutes of DM (5 or more, according to how you feel). Listen to your feelings is most important, your subconsciousness knows already what is good for you.

R: Yep, i stopped everything, despite my impatience with doing so. I was also told from within that i was not losing any ground developmentally by doing so, so i became more relaxed about it.

Also, the chiropractor helped me greatly, going deeper and deep each visit, yet there have still been a lot of symptoms hanging on. I got a book called The Secret Of Quantum Living by Dr. Frank Kinslow. His site is Quantum Entrainment! (This would be the book to start with, before the other material) I started doing the technique which is easy and fun, and VERY similar to AYP, which i find to be serendipitously odd and amazing! This has helped me remarkably between chiropractic appt's, to get a lot more mobility back in my neck again! The first time it put me through some sort of radical healing crisis, only to wake up feeling lighter and freer on all levels! He is kind of a cutting-edge mix between Eckhart Tolle and Yogani!!! Hah Hah!

S: To prevent dehydration, my natural healing teacher recommended to fill an 0,5 liter mug with fresh water as first thing in the morning. Drink 1/3 of it before urinating the first time a day, 1/3 after, and 1/3 during breakfast. Make sure to get at least 2 liters of fresh water a day. By filling a mug and placing it on your desk, it will be easier to remember to drink it.

R: I got a bunch of tall clear-glass beer steins, which have helped me drink more in the past. I think i need to fill a few up and leave them around. i don't like water and don't respond to thirst, but will keep with your suggestion. My practitioner, about 4 years ago, told me take similar steps, but is such a JOB for me! My feeling is, once you drink, that shout be IT!...Over and done with!...i shall try, herb teas might be a help.

I am so grateful for your words, and many blessings on your path!

Sincerely,
Rael!

S: Wishing you the best!

You too!

Edited by - Rael on Jun 05 2010 5:24:31 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000