Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 soft palate was tight. nw it isn't. khechari :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fcry64

India
53 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  03:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit fcry64's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
due to the in n out of teh tonguue into teh nasopharyngx, teh soft palate taht holds teh tongue in place isn't tight anymore. teh tendon lining near teh uvula has lost its tighteness n has elongated.

shouldn't i be bothered about the soft palate this way? wat should i do? should i be lessening khechari practise? should i keep teh tongue stuck to teh uvula for a change? this is happened cause i pushed teh tongue hard up into the sapetum and maybe teh poor palate couldn't take it :(

in regards to stage 4, i really need to know how much inside teh nasal pasage the tongue gets. i am not able to turn teh tongue to its sides to go in deeper but its gets curled up to form a round pointy thing(the tongue)

pls tell me wheter theres a dead end for stage 4 or whter the tongue can go in furhter

Edited by - fcry64 on May 28 2010 04:00:52 AM

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  4:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by fcry64

in regards to stage 4, i really need to know how much inside teh nasal pasage the tongue gets. i am not able to turn teh tongue to its sides to go in deeper but its gets curled up to form a round pointy thing(the tongue)

pls tell me wheter theres a dead end for stage 4 or whter the tongue can go in furhter

I am also trying to get into stage 4.

I believe in stage 4 you have to fit the tongue past BONE i.e. the nasal conchae.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_concha

yogani can confirm
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  10:44:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

due to the in n out of teh tonguue into teh nasopharyngx, teh soft palate taht holds teh tongue in place isn't tight anymore. teh tendon lining near teh uvula has lost its tighteness n has elongated.

shouldn't i be bothered about the soft palate this way? wat should i do? should i be lessening khechari practise? should i keep teh tongue stuck to teh uvula for a change? this is happened cause i pushed teh tongue hard up into the sapetum and maybe teh poor palate couldn't take it :(

Hi fcry64:

If you back off kechari mudra for a while, perhaps using only stage 1, you will find the soft palate returning close to its original elasticity. Likewise if you take it easy and enjoy being in stage 2-3, a balance will be found. In any case, whatever we do will not permanently deform the soft palate. At least that has been the experience here over 25 years of kechari practice.

All things in moderation ... and all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

fcry64

India
53 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  03:11:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit fcry64's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
for stage 4, teh tongue must turn b4 entering the nostril or after entering teh nostril?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  10:36:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

for stage 4, teh tongue must turn b4 entering the nostril or after entering teh nostril?

During ...

See Lesson 108 on that: http://www.aypsite.org/108.html

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

fcry64

India
53 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  12:04:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit fcry64's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank u yoganiji but is there a dead end in stage 4? or the tongue jus keeps going further ?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  12:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

thank u yoganiji but is there a dead end in stage 4? or the tongue jus keeps going further ?

Hi fcry64:

There are limits to all things in the outer world, but no limit to what we can realize in the inner world. It is suggested to use the tools in whatever way works best to assist your inner awakening, knowing that particular physical attainments are not fixed prerequisites for spiritual progress.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000