Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Feedback after two years
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  01:00:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
To day (05/26/2010) is an anniversary. Two years ago I began practising AYP and to celebrate I will try to share a feedback on my practice.

As I said in my first post when I discovered AYP I was very excited and enthusiastic : it was as if all the pieces of the puzzle I had searched all my life began to fit together.

I began with DM 20 m. twice daily, and added quickly SPB then Samyama. Sometimes I was doing the practise three time a day and I increased DM to 30m, SBP to 15m. and Samyama to 10m. Problems began five month later in october 2008 with difficulties to sleep.

From this time until to day I have not solved this problem. I have become wiser and follow the standard time (10mSBP/20mDM/5mS). Sometimes after a night without sleep, the flow of energy going endlessly in my body, I cease the practise for a few days but quickly I return to the standards. It seems I am unable to self pace permanently as it is recommanded. Last year, in may 2009, after some nights without sleep, I decided to stop the practice and the very night I made this decision three loud knocks woke me up around 4 a.m. as if somebody was knocking at the door but everything was silent and peaceful in the flat and I understand it was an order to resume the practice. I sat on my bed and began to practise...

A few days ago I read in « Kundalini Tantra » by Swami Satyananda Saraswati, page 89 :
« It is also likely that an aspirant will experience insomnia. However, yogis do not call it insomnia. They say, « Why should I sleep ? »…………….There are yogis who do not sleep and are happy about it because yogis have an entirely different attitude. They say one-third of life is wasted in sleeping…………………Therefore, insomnia does not usually bother a person who has awakened kundalini. However, if you are disturbed by your inability to sleep, you should nevert resort to sleeping pills or tranquillizers. It is also not necessary that you practise yoga to induce sleep. Just accept your sleeplessness and enjoy it. You can do japa or meditation or just do some spiritual reflexion .If it is not possible, just lie down and let it happen as it will. »
Since I read this I don’t bother any more as long as I am not too tired during the day.

An other big problem I had was to choose beetween Tao and AYP. When I discovered AYP, I was studying Chi Gong according to Mantak Chia (inner smile, microcosmic orbit, etc…) which was very interesting. Last year I understood I had to choose. You have to dedicate yourself to only one thing at the same time. I choose AYP as the practise made me very happy. On the other hand, India’s philosophy has been my country since my childhood which is not the same with taoism, I discovered only a few years ago.

Self inquiry : I try it many years without success when I was following the teachings of J. Krishnamurti as I had explained in others posts so I am completely fed up of so-called self inquiry and I wait it comes naturally as Yogani explain in Lesson 398.

Tantra : I started with advanced Siddhasana (lesson T28) a month ago.

Asana : I practise in the morning, one hour, 3 or 4 time a week.

I am very grateful to Yogani and all of you who take part in this extraordinary forum.

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  11:37:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Buffle

Happy anniversary!

Thank you so much for sharing that

Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  1:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Buffle,

I just started AYP less than half a year, and I'm already feel I'm a different person. Besides all the other health benefits, which I consider as by products, I think the wild beast in me is mostly tamed. Tranquil is the inside being.
I, too, encountered problems, mostly due to overambition, overdoing practises. I've learned to quickly back up as soon as I feel overloaded. the only thing is it's hard to distinguish symptopms of overloading,(peak) purification, and physical ailments. But we have the forum.
In the Autobiography of Yogi, I think there mentions a saint of no sleep. If you don't feel tired, it's all right.

congratulations!

Phil
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  2:09:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing buffle.

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  09:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Buffle.

Thanks for sharing your story. You can also try backing down to 5 minutes of
pranayama or temporarily stopping or reducing Samyama. Too much of either of these gave me similar symptoms of having trouble sleeping.

Best of luck!
Go to Top of Page

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  04:02:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,
A lot of thanks for your appreciations.
Anthem,
I followed your advice and decided to dispense with samyama and siddhasana.
Let's see how it works.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000