Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Struggling with Sinus/Mucous
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  08:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings once again!

I hope that you are well. I am struggling slightly with sinus/mucous drainage. Have also been feeling many tingling sensations in different lobes of my brain.

This sinus drainage is unprecedented in my experience. I have never had sinus drainage this bad. It is slowly clearing up, having peaked in intensity about 3 weeks ago. But I am still getting considerable mucous out with the neti pot. In addition to the neti pot, I also:

1. Take hot soaks in a large jetted bath tub. I sometimes put hydrogen peroxide in the tub to get extra oxygen in my nasal passages.

2. Drink peppermint herbal tea

3. Topically apply eucalyptus oil.

4. Avoid dairy foods and white grains other than a weekly cheese pizza.

I went to my doctor. He said because it seem to be getting better that it might clear up on its own. But just in case it doesn't, he gave me a prescription for antibiotics.

For now, I have not filled the prescription because I prefer not to take pharmaceuticals. Anyone have any suggestions?

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  11:47:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Solo,
Check this out.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ZlYy216qM
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  09:22:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool.
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  10:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
good ideas for helping the mucus. I have been having this same issue for sometime now..it seems to be subsiding somewhat.
I attribute the sinus change to a new climate. where once I lived in dry-arid climate with not much foliage(s.Ca) now I live in dense trees, dampness, humidity, and must be off the cahrt pollen(wva)

I need to transition OFF of many physical stressors that I am addicted to.....sugars, white flours, booze, caffeine.

I don't think I have the discipline, and that is the crux of my problems.

Right at this moment I am not willing to make a change. The only thing I have considered changes which is very difficult is stopping biting my nails....and that is not easy. it has been about 10 days.

I am addicted to bad foods.
chocolate croissants, beer, wine, liquor, rice, potatoes, fast food...

How on earth do you go to living a vegan, all organic-live diet?

Today started with coffee and the last half of a bakery cookie. Then off to Panera for a jalapena/cheddar bagel with bacon, egg, cheese.
and a double shot of espresso.

yesterday was
chocloate croissant
a wendys chicken sandwich with fries and coke
a chick-filet sandwhich with diet coke for dinner and a bag of chips and a second diet coke.

I can't even believe it myself. it is repulsive.
is is no wonder that I have to endure the black/blue night poetry from Her.
blloddy hell

ps. the antibiotics just create secondary issues like yeast infection....so taking the amoxcicillan created the yeast infection.

these forums really upset me....on a pretty consistent basis.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  7:44:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
no one has anything to add to this?

comments?
questions?
concerns?
input?
ideas?

ate some fresh cherries today, drank some water, and had fresh corn on the cob. non was organic, but seemed better than fast food.

does anyone else at this forum struggle with food choices that are poor? can anyone here relate to struggling with an unhealthy diet?
in the ideal, I would want to be healthier. .

yes.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  8:32:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sagebrush,

This is my favorite book on Ayurvedic nutrition...

http://www.amazon.com/Ayurveda-Bala...92238&sr=8-1

It is very precise, and vegetarian.

Personally I don't think a vegan all-live diet is good for most people. Anyone I've met who has tried it is a little "loopy".

I like to use the Ayurvedic type of diet in combination with recommendations from traditional Chinese medicine. This book has a chapter which presents it in an easy to understand way...

http://www.amazon.com/Total-Health-...92510&sr=8-1

Everyone is different, and require different things. With the philosophy behind these two traditions, you don't need much discipline to eat well. You can figure out what you need, and have a list of all different sorts of foods that are good for you...not much restriction required.

For instance, coffee is actually good for some people. Or...chicken actually has positive aspects according to Chinese medicine (it's "warming" and "strengthening").

For people with damp issues, go for the "drying" foods. For instance, celery is good. For grains, eat barley (unprocessed). Drinking tea is good. You mentioned eating corn...I think that has a drying quality also.

There are things you should avoid, and things that are okay to eat.

If you're interested just check out those books. Peace.

Edited by - Scott on May 28 2010 9:49:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  06:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sagebrush. Here are a few observations from me.

1. Vegan diet is not for everyone. You can get good diet advice from many accupuncturists or Ayurvedic practitoners. Your combination of energies might require meat. Don't think you must be a vegan to reach enlightment.

2. Transition the diet slowly. Take one one thing out at a time and find one healthy substitute at a time.

3. If reading the board upsets you, don't do it. Find a meetup group in your area (www.meetup.com) about enlightnenment, yoga, meditation, metaphsyics, etc. And dind a group that lifts you up and makes you feel good.

4. The process you are going through can be highly emotional. You are simply going to have some really low lows for a while and must try not to destroy all your relationships in the process.

5. For yeast issues: Cold pressed virgin Coconut oil. Find it and eat it. This will be a great friend for you. Google it to learn more.

6. I am one of the least knowledgeable people in this forum and even I can tell you that they possess a world of knowledge and can be a tremendous resource for you.

Wherever you live brother, I'm sending you some unconditional love as I type. Keep the faith!
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  9:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the advice.
that feels comforting.
I like olive oil and coconut oil.

I am not sure of meetupgroup.

I would not succeed in vegan...I love meat and chicken and fish way too much and eggs and dairy.
the best I can do is STOP fast food and junk food and carbs...which I love!

and go for more fresh fruit which I am starting to like and eat again...watermelon at the moment.

thanks
again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000