Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Mixing techniques (Reiki, AYP, OSHO)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JECDisciple123

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  05:12:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I am currently working through my 2nd degree Reiki 21 days and am eager to start the AYP lessons, because I am just so curious :-). Would it be wise for me to complete my reiki initiation solely before venturing on to try different methods and lines or is it
okay to combine your methods with Reiki? I am committed to advancing
safely and properly.
Also, while I have the opportunity, are Osho's techniques valuable?
I have been practising some of his active meditations and have felt
very happy as a consequence of them. However, when I observe Osho on
the many platforms he made for himself I cant help but wonder about
his ego and therefore the value of his lessons?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you.

Many blessings,

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  05:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JecDisciple,

Welcome to the forum.

It is possible to mix different spiritual practices, although you need to be aware that there could be a possible doubling-up effect energy-wise.

Reiki is quite a gentle spiritual practice, so there would be little risk involved in practicing AYP at the same time as you are doing your Reiki training. It would still be a good idea to read this lesson before you start:

http://www.aypsite.org/38.html

Personally, I combined Buddhist practices with AYP and had no problems at all.

Osho was combining a number of spiritual teaching methods including Yoga and Buddhist practices. As part of this he used Guru Yoga as a teaching method. It is a form of Yoga where the teacher encourages the student to surrender at the feet of the teacher, so the teacher becomes one of their Ishtas (objects of devotional worship). That's what all the stages and thrones were about. It is very common in India. It is an indication that the teacher has transcended their own ego, and are inviting you to transcend yours.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JECDisciple123

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  07:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Christi,

Thank you for your wlecome and your swift reply full of advice I have read your link and now understand the importance of listening to your inner self before adding practices. I will think some more before deciding what to do.

Thank you for your insight on the nature of Osho. I find his practices beneficial but at present do not feel i can surrender to anything. I am only beginning my journey.

Speak soon,

Many blessings,

JEC
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000