Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 New experiences - New questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karmi

USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  12:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Thank you, Shanti, for your thoughtful reply and advise. (To reiterate, I have not been practicing yoga for many yeats and am very new to all this.) In the last two days, the energy moving up the spine has been smoother. There have been six episodes. After one of these the crown chakra (?) opened - felt like a hole in the top of the head and this absolutely amazing energy was moving for about 1/2 hour. I have no words. Absolutely incredible experience. "Oh, my God," along with tears of joy!

There is a curvature in the spine. The energy slows at those points. I'm trying massaging the area and trying to move it thru mentally. The neck has been surgically repaired with screws, etc. That is where the energy sets for a longer period of time. I'm wondering if the movement of the energy is possibly straightening out the spine?

Does it seem that having five of these experiences in a day is excessive? I'm not doing much to bring these episodes on. They just happen. I'm feeling quite drained.

Another question: At one time a spot further back on the top of the head opened up all the way down to the chest. Energy was flowing all the way down the chest, accompanied with some muscle twitches. There was also something I can only describe as an electro-magnetic field around the head, and a change in consciousness. Then it moved up to the throat area and stayed for about 1/2 hour. Is there a name for this type of experience? I'd sure like to learn more about it.

I have not been practicing yoga for many years. However, in the last four months I have relived many traumatic memories from very early childhood. My guess is that the energy is here to help resolve that trauma.

I appreciate any guidance I can get. Thank you!

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 7:52:13 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  12:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karmi

Thank you, Shanti, for your thoughtful reply and advise. (To reiterate, I have not been practicing yoga for many yeats and am very new to all this.) In the last two days, the energy moving up the spine has been smoother. There have been six episodes. After one of these the crown chakra (?) opened - felt like a hole in the top of the head and this absolutely amazing energy was moving for about 1/2 hour. I have no words. Absolutely incredible experience. "Oh, my God," along with tears of joy!

There is a curvature in the spine. The energy slows at those points. I'm trying massaging the area and trying to move it thru mentally. The neck has been surgically repaired with screws, etc. That is where the energy sets for a longer period of time. I'm wondering if the movement of the energy is possibly straightening out the spine?

Does it seem that having five of these experiences in a day is excessive? I'm not doing much to bring these episodes on. They just happen. I'm feeling quite drained.

Another question: At one time a spot further back on the top of the head opened up all the way down to the chest. Energy was flowing all the way down the chest, accompanied with some muscle twitches. There was also something I can only describe as an electro-magnetic field around the head, and a change in consciousness. Then it moved up to the throat area and stayed for about 1/2 hour. Is there a name for this type of experience? I'd sure like to learn more about it.

I have not been practicing yoga for many years. However, in the last four months I have relived many traumatic memories from very early childhood. My guess is that the energy is here to help resolve that trauma.

I appreciate any guidance I can get. Thank you!

Hi Karmi,
What you are experiencing (as you already know) is a kundalini awakening. And as I said in my other post... one of the two things could happen, this feeling could die down and go dormant, or it could become a full blown awakening and be very uncomfortable.

In order make the best of this, it will really help if you get into some form of structured practice. Practices prepare the body/nervous system to deal with the high energy you are feeling. It will also help you not feel drained and help you transcend the discomfort you feel because of the traumatic experiences you experienced as a child.

Bring some inner silence into the picture using deep meditation and you will see the difference you feel.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000