Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 New user help, please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karmi

USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  6:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm a 60-year-old female. Do not practice yoga, although I did many years ago. For the last four months I've had many strange experiences, including preverbal memories, electic-shocks, seeing lights, flashes of faces, colors, etc., tingling skin, energy moving around the body, heat, cold, etc., etc. The latest experience is feeling a poke in the base of the spine and having energy rush up to waist-level, then slow down. Slowly it made its way to the head (felt like a boiled egg forcing its way up). I'm now having head and back aches, stomach aches, some disorientation, heat/cold sensations, need to rest. Assuming this is all kundalini-related, I thought I might post for some/any advice. This total experience has been so amazing, like a once-in-a-life time opportunity, and I don't feel equipped to deal with it. Any input, suggestions, etc., are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 7:53:45 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  07:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karmi,
Welcome to the AYP forums.

What a beautiful experience indeed. Thank you for sharing it here with us.
Like you said, you have no idea what to do with this experience... and you also said you don't practice yoga. However in order to get something from this experience of an awakening, getting into meditation and pranayama will help greatly.

One of the two things could happen, this feeling could die down and go dormant, or it could become a full blown awakening and be very uncomfortable.
I would suggest, getting into a structured practice of deep meditation and later once you get comfortable with this, add spinal breathing. It takes only 20 min twice a day and will help cultivate the inner silence that will give your awakening and stable ground to grow/flow in. Also, read from here to get a better picture of what I am saying.

We hope to hear more from you.
Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000