Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 mind says no
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nisargajay

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  05:02:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi all
have been doing dm now for nearly 5 days its started now to be a routine twice daily it really feels right now balance my spiritual progress.
the one problem im having is the mind not wanting to play ball every sound i hear my mind wants to react i can feel it trying to get irratated and that brings on anxiety any reason it can find to stop the meditation
what im tending to do is not react i just stay put
i continue to repeat the mantra sound which seems constantly through the meditation ignoring the minds games, when i get up from meditation the body is relaxed though.
allthough sometimes there are small moments when i forget myself most of the time i feel very alert and aware my hearing tends to get more sensitive.
nisargajay

nisargajay

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  10:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
brought the deep meditation book today probably the best way forward
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  04:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Keep up at it. The more you concentrate the easier it will become. Any practice is difficult until you get used to it. Before you know it will become one of your favourite activities and you won't have to wrestle with yourself anymore.

Its ok to let the mind wander, just continue sitting and bring it back to the mantra now and again.
Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  12:26:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nisargajay

hi all

the one problem im having is the mind not wanting to play ball every sound i hear my mind wants to react i can feel it trying to get irratated and that brings on anxiety any reason it can find to stop the meditation

allthough sometimes there are small moments when i forget myself most of the time i feel very alert and aware my hearing tends to get more sensitive.
nisargajay

This sounds very similar to the way my meditations started out. It was as if slight noises in the building were amplified, as if my hearing was indeed more sensitive. For example a door opening or closing would bring me hurtling back to reality with a jolt, usually accompanied with feelings of resentment toward whoever made the noise for wrecking my peace! But like Chiron says, this is not a bad thing. Don't be frustrated if something distracts you.

It's great that you've adopted the twice daily routine, with enough time I am sure you'll find yourself less and less affected by external stimuli when you're meditating.

Love

Edited by - Wafu on May 25 2010 12:35:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

nisargajay

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  6:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for your answers
the meditations have become easier ive just kept the focus.
what i have noticed is every session is completely different some sessions like this morning i ended up sleeping for four hours after other sessions i feel ok i am more aware now how powerfull this meditation is and that the nervous system needs to do its work so how ever i feel i just let it be.
something else that i noticed today is the vibration from the mantra increasing the energy in the body to a point it felt like it exploded out of the body it started as a feeling of anxiety in the heart then a lump in the throat then pressure in the head then bang little things keep happening feel a bit stupid writing this because i havent been meditating long.
doing some research the last week im pretty sure now i do have active kundalini i think thats why things intensify in meditation maybe
peace nisargajay
Go to Top of Page

nisargajay

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  10:09:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
deep meditation book arrived yesterday having read through it makes sense of the experiences ive had and has given me a much better understanding generally so all good thanks
nisargajay
definately worth reading answers questions and is explained extremely well without going over the top which i liked.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000