Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 how does one knows...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

denislav12

USA
16 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  11:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit denislav12's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
How does one know the right time to change the mantra has come?
thanks

Edited by - denislav12 on May 20 2010 6:03:27 PM

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  02:41:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by denislav12

Hi,
How does one knows the right time to change the mantra has come?
thanks

Hi!

Can you make your question a little more detailed and specific for us?
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  04:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think denislav is talking about the further two expansions to the IAM mantra.

Its an interesting question. After five years I have gone on to only the first expansion and for some reason not in a rush to try the third one. The reason I switched to the second one was because I felt I have gotten used to the IAM mantra and could go into deep meditation relatively easily. It took me months or even years to get to the same stage with the second mantra.

I guess you will know when the time is right through your own intuition.
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  07:45:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chiron

I think denislav is talking about the further two expansions to the IAM mantra.

Its an interesting question. After five years I have gone on to only the first expansion and for some reason not in a rush to try the third one. The reason I switched to the second one was because I felt I have gotten used to the IAM mantra and could go into deep meditation relatively easily. It took me months or even years to get to the same stage with the second mantra.

I guess you will know when the time is right through your own intuition.

I see now....
Go to Top of Page

denislav12

USA
16 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  5:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit denislav12's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the answer, Chiron! You were right, i meant to ask what would be the sign, or how to distinguish the right time to expand on the mantra before rushing into changing it.
it feels like I can be using the first mantra for a long time depending on my meditation practices.
Sorry for not being more specific initially.
thanks

Edited by - denislav12 on May 20 2010 6:07:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  10:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi denislav

quote:
Originally posted by denislav12

it feels like I can be using the first mantra for a long time depending on my meditation practices.

This is my experience also. I've been using "I AM" for 6 years to good effect. It's still working well for me, in fact it took me a few years for it to really kick in. This is an individual thing.

According to the lessons, the signs to look for are smoothness and stability in DM, and also getting good (noticeable) depth of inner silence. This is over a period of at least several months. If this is true for you, it wouldn't hurt to try it out, like I did last year (I wasn't ready for it).

When in doubt, you can't go wrong with "I AM". It's very effective and Yogani once said the whole journey can be completed with I AM.

Enjoy!

With Love
cosmic

Edited by - cosmic on May 20 2010 10:50:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

seekingthelight

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  03:26:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit seekingthelight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Over about 1.5 years I went stepped up two enhancements because it felt right at the time, but in retrospect I may have rushed things a bit. I approached AYP full-hog and built up my practices quite quickly without any noticeable adverse effects. Recently I started stripping down my practices one by one and when I realised I had been completely ungrounded for over a year, I returned to just SBP and DM and back to just I AM. It was a big lesson on self-pacing and how to spot when it is needed, and I now feel like there isn't such a rush as I used to think there was.

If intuition says it's time, give it a shot. You can always take a step back again =)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000