Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Starting with AYP as an experienced meditator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  12:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi there,

Ok, "experienced" has to be defined, but im meditating since 2 years every day with binaural beats, which changed a lot for me. Could i just take the mantra and Pranayama into my daily excercise?

My second question is maybe hard to answer, but does someone think that listening to binaural beats could be a problem with AYP?

Thanks!
Pan

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  2:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Panthau

Hi there,

Ok, "experienced" has to be defined, but im meditating since 2 years every day with binaural beats, which changed a lot for me. Could i just take the mantra and Pranayama into my daily excercise?

My second question is maybe hard to answer, but does someone think that listening to binaural beats could be a problem with AYP?

Thanks!
Pan

Welcome to the AYP forums Pan.

We don't recommend you do both practices. At least in the beginning just stick to AYP till you know what the practices are bringing to the table.

The AYP practices are powerful and can cause you to overload if you are practicing something else in addition. Also, since these are self directed practices, it becomes hard to identify what is causing overloads if and when there is one. Hence we add one thing at a time, get stable with it and then add something else.

And we do not recommend mixing practices. If you do want to keep up with both practices that is fine, but do keep them separate, don't mix the listening to binaural beats with AYP. In AYP we are trying to go inward using the mantra and without any external crutches. So listening to beats etc will make it a non-AYP practice.

Of course you are welcome to experiment with it all, but in that case it will not be AYP.

Hope this helps.

Wish you all the best in your chosen path.
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  2:32:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks for the reply! As for starting with pranayama already, ill just try it... if my brain explodes, ill give feedback from the nirvana :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000