Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 AYP & Enlightenment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  10:31:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi there,

I´ve just read a bit about the reasons why someone could practice AYP. The author describes how he is addicted to these spiritual game.

Isnt that exactly why we´re "stuck"? Because we are addicted to perception? Ok its surely something, to find out that we are more then just our "daily" perception, but even in our "higher" perceptions, we are still in the duality, where we can lose something so we get addicted because we want it back.

Our true self cant be addicted, because everythings already there and nothing can get lost, right?

So its just a game of trying different perceptions, experience the god within us. But it has nothing to do with what we call "enlightemend", has it?

Thanks,
Pan

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  2:54:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have wondered about the same thing. I've done these practices, and become aware of energy flows in the body, but apart from that, nothing has changed. It seems little more than a curiosity.

In fact it often seems like a joke. Repeating a sound ad infinitum. Restricting oxygen flow. Orgasm denial. Not exactly a list of healthy behaviors. It makes me think sometimes, is this all in place as a cruel joke? Is the point of all this just to eventually realize how ridiculous it is and thus realize all other pursuits are equally ridiculous?

If these practices are crutches, at what point do we throw them aside and walk through the world without having to stop and meditate for an hour?
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  4:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP is honestly very good for achieving Buddhahood, after one has become enlightened.

Yes enlightenment and Buddhahood are different.
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  5:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yup. Maybe the miracle is just to drop every piece of resistance of what is.

Which makes us experience the now.

May i ask for how long youve done these excercises?

Im meditating for 2 years now, and i benefit a lot from it, learned
a lot, had mystic experiences and i experienced the true self, the i am.
But ive never done any Yoga or anything else. And im still the same
nervous guy :)
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  6:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Panthau

Yup. Maybe the miracle is just to drop every piece of resistance of what is.

Yes. If you can do that without achieving stillness through meditation then that is certainly fine.

Many cannot seperate this out without doing some work and AYP meditation is just one of those ways which has been proven to work.

Of course it is easy to become addicted to anything including AYP, that to is simply part of the process. Nothing is wrong, there is no wrong way. If you have already considered the idea of dropping every bit of resistance to what is, then it follows that an addiction (for want of a better name) to AYP is only another 'what is'. For me it was a good addiction because it cured me of my other addictions

Yogani always talks about achieving 'stillness' prior to any other form of self-inquiry and that has been my experience, although from my current perspective it seems strange that I needed to do that when it seems absurdly obvious now. It's a bit like learning to play an instrument and then finding I can suddenly play fluently and can't quite work out if I really needed all that practise.

I notice you say 'I experienced my true self'. That is a glimpse of what is to come. Once it is fully experienced you will know it and there is not a chance of returning, it's a one way ticket and sooner or later you will make that decision.

You asked about meditation. I no longer meditate in a prescriptive way as it seemed to evolve into an unconscious form of meditation which was far more spontaneous. At this time I am no longer aware if I am or am not meditating because there is no distinction.

I don't know God, or enlightenment because they are also concepts /thoughts and like everything they exist if that will is to manifest. In a world of infinite possibility all these things exist.

Can't tell you much more than that. Maybe it will clarify things ?

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  7:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDH

I have wondered about the same thing. I've done these practices, and become aware of energy flows in the body, but apart from that, nothing has changed. It seems little more than a curiosity.

In fact it often seems like a joke. Repeating a sound ad infinitum. Restricting oxygen flow. Orgasm denial. Not exactly a list of healthy behaviors. It makes me think sometimes, is this all in place as a cruel joke? Is the point of all this just to eventually realize how ridiculous it is and thus realize all other pursuits are equally ridiculous?

If these practices are crutches, at what point do we throw them aside and walk through the world without having to stop and meditate for an hour?

Hi Panthau, JDH & All,

Enlightenment, along with other similar terms, simply refers to living from our original, fulfilled awareness.

We've been conditioned for our entire lives to pay disproportionate attention to ideas of a fictitious separate self, as well as the thoughts, feelings and perceptions arising in the body-mind.

Our natural state, whatever we may call it, is simply experiencing our inherent wholeness on an ongoing basis, by no longer tying our sense of self to anything that happens, or anything in form.

Practices are all support mechanisms for living in this more natural and infinitely more enjoyably reality of being.

A lifetime of conditioning, including via the very structure of our brains and nervous system, strongly reinforces this incorrect sense of separation and partiality.

Yogic practices of all kinds help to create inherently healthy neurophysiology and undistorted psychology, to create an "enlightenment rich" environment, in our body-mind.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  03:00:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again,

Thanks for your responses. Im meditating with a binaural beat (Lifeflow) which i feel enhanced my meditation greatly, and made some connections in my brain for necessary changes.

I´ve read your great post karl, in the enlightemend subforum. So you say, AYP is a great way to come to the point, where no AYP & meditation is needed anymore? :)

Thanks
Pan
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  04:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I´ve read your great post karl, in the enlightemend subforum. So you say, AYP is a great way to come to the point, where no AYP & meditation is needed anymore? :)

Thanks
Pan

Like they said in the matrix 'so you think that's air your breathing ?'.

It is to do whatever you need to do. My experience is unlikely to be yours. When you have read a book you might put it away, burn it or keep it as a ready reference. The fact remains that you have already read the book though and what has be learned has been learned there is no doubting that.

Once you have internal knowledge you are free to take part in anything and everything as you see fit. There is no requirement to stop doing something or start doing something else.

As the saying goes 'Before enlightenment chop sticks after enlightenment chop sticks' it's up to you which sticks you want to chop.

Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  07:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Ok i see. So im gonna go on with sitting on my wheelchair in the now. Theres nothing more to do, isnt it? :)
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  12:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Ok i see. So im gonna go on with sitting on my wheelchair in the now. Theres nothing more to do, isnt it? :)

Yes as far as things will change. We are all either sitting, standing or lying down at some point. One is as good as any other.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000