Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Interesting Phenomenon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tam Phap

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  2:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tam Phap's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear friends,
I know the subject of this post does not necessarily concur with what is normally posted on this forum, but I have been experiencing an interesting phenomenon for some time now and wondered if any of you may be experiencing something similar. It began a couple of years ago - when I was drawn to look at my clock, just out of the blue, it would often be showing 11:11. At first I thought nothing of it, but it started happening more and more. After about 6 months, I was checking things out on Google one day and then the thought came - why not see if anything crops up re: 11:11. To my complete surprise, there are whole websites devoted to this phenomenon and they all reflect that we are living in "special times" and that 11:11 is a kind of code that the "light-bringers" are sending to us... sounds very new-age and strange and obviously the mind plays a part in expanding the curiosity factor in this regard. However, it continues... out of the blue I will happen to glance down at my computer or clock at home and... 11:11. The most interesting part is that I sent a friend an email about this phenomenon some time ago and when she replied, I looked at the time stamp and... you guessed it... 11:11. Just coincidence?
I believe I have seen Yogani and others mention that "we live in special times"... I am just wondering about this particular phenomenon. I am not getting overly caught up in "what it may possibly mean", but do find it very intriguing and have come to use it as an opportunity for a "mindful moment"...
Metta, Phil

You are the pure awareness that illuminates consciousness
and its infinite content. Realise this and live accordingly.
Nisargadatta

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  5:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP team, synchronize watches!
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  9:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've noticed the same thing throughout life, here's my take on it. I put more meaning to certain number configurations than others. I don't think I see 11:11 and 12:34 and 4:20 any more frequently than other combinations, but I do notice them more when I do see them. They stick out and I remember it and give meaning to it. Whereas if I glance past the clock and it says 8:55 like it does just now, I don't think anything of it. Similar to the "new car" phenomenon, when after buying a new car, the owner suddenly notices the new model all over the road every single time they pass one. Whereas before, they drove by that model without giving it second thought.

JDH
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  2:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah the funny number thing.
It started about 1,5 years after I started with meditation.
Numbers like 11:11, 12:12, 1:11, 2:22, 3:33 started popping up out of nowhere.
Some highlight is waking up at 3:33 at night.
I think that are signs from our unseen lovingly helpers, who watch over us.
Go to Top of Page

Tam Phap

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  2:22:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tam Phap's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey JDH,
I know exactly what you are saying and recognize that this applies not only to numbers, but to all sorts of things in our lives... the thing that I found to be most intriguing about this phenomenon was that many others around the world were obviously witnessing this particular number sequence - 11:11 - and that I had no knowledge of this from the time it started until the time I did the online enquiry.
At any rate... I do realize this is not the area that this forum was set up for, so I will not take up any more forum time with this subject...
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  11:20:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I looked at the clock this morning at 10:01 and the thought came, one whole whole one. then looked at it at 10:10 and thought one whole, one whole. other number 12:34 and I think everthings in order, or 11:11 its all one. 10:18 one whole one infinity or 1:03 one whole trinity or 11:34, flip the clock around and it says hell when I see that I normally ad an O and say hello.
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  11:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It began a couple of years ago - when I was drawn to look at my clock, just out of the blue, it would often be showing 11:11

happens to me also.. elevensies

it happened when you posted too (at 2:44) and with JDH:

quote:
Whereas if I glance past the clock and it says 8:55 like it does just now, I don't think anything of it.

notice the :55?

not sure what it means, although i usually treat it as a "sacred minute", stand tall, hands folded in front of heart, and meditate for a few mantras

=)

hey look.. it's my 22 post

Edited by - delta33 on Apr 18 2010 01:07:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  09:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK,

I'm not especially into numerology, but I read your post shortly before going to bed last night after I had fallen into a light sleep my daughter waoke me up, and when I brought her back into her bedroom to tuck her in, I glanced at the clock and...you guessed it...11:11...I had to laugh ...very interesting...

Much Love
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  12:14:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What often pops up for me is 13:37 =P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000