Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal breathing, question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maynard

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  09:51:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit maynard's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I can't seem to have a good visual of the downward flow of energy, so I dm just filling my head, third eye region with energy, causing me to feel very irritable and unbalanced. Any remidy for this, I don't know why, and I conciously try to put an equal emphasis on the upward and downward flow, but at this point I am making things worse. I cut back to literally only a handfull of breaths and it's the same effect but less intense, any thoughts would be appreciated.

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  11:23:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I figure you already are trying all the grounding and resting techniques, but if not, then do those. Long walks, long rest after practices, sexual release if you're male, heavier meals, etc.

Then also, energy flows primarily upward. In one lesson I remember yogani saying it eventually flows only upward. This is because the sex organs are the "vast storehouse of prana" which we are awakening and moving out into the rest of the body. So it might be that it's a one way street. I've had some experience with going down the front channel. The downward energy flow is much more noticeable there for me.

This last suggestion might be adding a log to the fire. But for me personally, tantra has been a great balancer throughout the whole yoga experience. It always feels like a huge energy flow, and it always feels stable afterward. Just my experience tho.

Good luck!
JDH
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  11:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It could also be as simple as a pacing issue too. I.e. lots of purification in the head, and just slow down while it clears. :)
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  11:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi maynard,

You said the downward flow hasn't a good visual. How's the upward visual? Did you actually see the energy going up sushumna? What I feel is that energy can flow down even though the feeling going down is not as strong. I usually just easily and gently go down, while matching intention with breath. Intention leads the energy in pranamyam.
Some people having problem having their energy going down try to use Taoist techniques to pull energy down. Like Tai Chi, Like standing poses. If you do a search, you can probably find more information on this. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  08:20:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Maynard,

I have been practicing SBP for 5 months now and I have experienced symptoms like yours up until recently. Including being very sensitive to SBP.

I recently altered my practice and now feel very well adjusted and I am able to practice SPB for 10 minutes with no problems as yet, although its early days.

I found that once energy reached the higher parts of my brain (cerebral cortex) it seemed to linger there for days and caused my symptoms. I now try to keep my energy more 'tidy' so that it doesn't 'spill anywhere' when I reach the higher aspects of my spinal nerve. also I have lowered the my final destination before heading forward toward the third eye by an inch or two, this sorta leaves me feeling the energy is traveling the underside of my brain and still stimulates the ajna. These little changes have made the world of difference to me.

I found it useful to google images of the brain and get a look at the anatomy of the brain stem, might help you visualize your path as well

hope you see improvements.

Edited by - jamuna on Apr 16 2010 3:28:17 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000