Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Techniques for releasing sexual inhibitions?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jacra

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  09:15:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jacra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

What ways are there for me to release any sexual inhibitions I might have, especially if I'm not entirely aware of them?

I find I have a little shame around sexuality, and going for what I want. Like even when I'm with my girl and we're not alone I feel uncomfortable looking at her body, or even touching it. If she initiates I can, but it's like I'm waiting for her permission almost.

Thanks!

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  8:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jacra

Hi all,

What ways are there for me to release any sexual inhibitions I might have, especially if I'm not entirely aware of them?

I find I have a little shame around sexuality, and going for what I want. Like even when I'm with my girl and we're not alone I feel uncomfortable looking at her body, or even touching it. If she initiates I can, but it's like I'm waiting for her permission almost.

Thanks!

Hi Jacra,

In general, daily practices tend to be the best thing to balance out all attitudes, whatever they may be .. specifically the ones we may not be completely aware of.

Basically, all discomfort (especially any kind of psychological discomfort) is the result of reinforced conditioning (memory) in your body and mind. Practices help clear out these obstructions.

"Yoga is the ceasing of mind distortions", as the Yoga Sutras say.

Shame surrounding sexuality is learned behavior - and it can be unlearned. Sex itself is natural, literally, just as eating, breathing and sleeping are natural. Maybe just recognizing this will be helpful.

As far as waiting for her permission - on many levels, this can simply be the loving and respectful thing to do. However, if she is initiating, as you put it, it would seem her permission is implied, yes? And again, maybe just recognizing this can be helpful for you.

And, I hope this post is helpful.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  9:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
knowledge is power....read some books on lovemaking.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  10:39:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jacra,
I'm the same way. It comes not only from learning, but from being a sensitive man. This creates a problem when we assume women process information the same as us. They generally do not. Although there are exceptions, women are more likely to process their emotions rather than word pictures, like men.
So it is likely that you are looking for permission in the form of words, but women won't give it that way.

If you ask your girl a specific question, does she often not answer that specific question? If so, it is likely she is an emotional processor. This type of person will hear your words, and subconsciously say "How is he feeling to make him say those words?"
Then she will answer words about how she feels in relation to how she thinks you feel.

So it is important to watch her and learn the signs of her emotions to get your permission. Once you learn these, the signs will be as clear as if she says it out loud. Watch body language, her eyes, her movement, how close she is to you, tone of voice, everything. It is different for different people, but you can learn her specific language. watch her with other women and how they communicate with emotions.

If anyone else knows about this, please chime in because this is something I have observed, and have not found confirmation of it in books or anything; only by watching people has it been confirmed.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4431 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  10:28:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jakara,

You might find this lesson useful:

http://www.aypsite.org/T64.html

and this one:

http://www.aypsite.org/T10.html

Christi
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  10:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jacra,

Does your girlfriend practices & has experience in bio-energy work ?

Albert
Go to Top of Page

brunoloff

Netherlands
47 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  10:54:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit brunoloff's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jacra,

While yoga and meditation are extremely powerful tools, they aren't very issue-specific. I would guess that "purification" of the nervous system would eventually have you handle these inhibitions, but who knows when?

I recommend you get the book "Focusing" by Eugene Gendlin. Although the method was derived from Gendlin's own ingenuity, rather than from any meditative tradition, "Focusing", in Yoga terms, could be described as a method of purification that you can apply to specific issues in your personality. I've used myself, and still do, to deal with my own psychological sh*t :-) It is fun to do, works very well, and very fast. For someone with meditation experience, it is very obvious that it works with the same principles. And it works :-) I predict it will work with sexual inhibitions.

Have fun,
Bruno

Edited by - brunoloff on Mar 28 2010 11:06:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  2:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you learn reggaeton, especially the juicier versions, you would loose most sexual inhibitions. Have a look at youtube.

There are some exercises from the tantric sex tradtition that are very good for this I think. Most neo tantra workshops teach some of those I think. You can probably find several in DVDs and books.

You could read the sex god method and david shades manual. They are very good for removing guilt about sex in addition to making you a mindblowingly good lover.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000