Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Greetings + Questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ConsciousEvolution

India
29 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  02:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit ConsciousEvolution's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Wow! What a wondeful website!
I am filled with a sense of gratitude from having been introduced to these practices and to the website!
So many brilliant and inspiring souls converging to render a great service to whomever is ready to receive it!

I've been dabbling with different Yoga practices for several years now and it's been about three weeks that I'm following AYP consistently.

And now if you permit me I'd like to ask some questions:
1. I'm used to keeping my awareness on my breath and it seems like I'm not able to detach my attention from it during DM. It doesn't bother me, and I definitely enjoy and feel like I'm benifiting from the practice, I was just wondering if I should do anything about that to be able to go deeper into the mantra or if I should simply "favor the practice".
2. Until a few days ago I was having a strong tactile sensation traveling up and down the spine during the Spinal Breathing, which made the practice very pleasant and easy. Then I had a few days of no sensations, and now there's a only a tingling vibration in the third eye and no other sensations (for the most part) when I practice. I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on that.
3. Considering I've only been following this program for three weeks I've already added quite a few practices - Spinal Breathing, Asanas, Mulabandha. I even feel like I might add another one soon. Am I going too fast? On the other hand, I've been engaged in different pactices for years now including some of those that are mentioned here - it just seems like I'm changing my routine into something more systemized and habitual. Any thoughts?

Love and Light.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  08:11:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ConsciousEvolution

And now if you permit me I'd like to ask some questions:
1. I'm used to keeping my awareness on my breath and it seems like I'm not able to detach my attention from it during DM. It doesn't bother me, and I definitely enjoy and feel like I'm benifiting from the practice, I was just wondering if I should do anything about that to be able to go deeper into the mantra or if I should simply "favor the practice".

Favor the practice.
If you realize you are thinking you are following your breath.. then go back to the mantra. Your breath and mantra may be synchronized, but only when you think "oh my breath and mantra are synchronized" is when you are off your mantra. Go back to the mantra and don't worry about the breath.

quote:

2. Until a few days ago I was having a strong tactile sensation traveling up and down the spine during the Spinal Breathing, which made the practice very pleasant and easy. Then I had a few days of no sensations, and now there's a only a tingling vibration in the third eye and no other sensations (for the most part) when I practice. I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on that.

Feelings sensations will come and go. Don't get attached to them. Just because you don't feel it today, does not mean you will not feel it tomorrow. Just favor the practice and all will be fine.

quote:

3. Considering I've only been following this program for three weeks I've already added quite a few practices - Spinal Breathing, Asanas, Mulabandha. I even feel like I might add another one soon. Am I going too fast? On the other hand, I've been engaged in different practices for years now including some of those that are mentioned here - it just seems like I'm changing my routine into something more systemized and habitual. Any thoughts?

Yep too much.
I did the same thing when I joined, I added a lot in at once, it was so easy and many I had done for a long time. I overloaded pretty badly. I was still not convinced I was overloading because of the practices I had added in. It took me 6 months to get into my fat stubborn head that less is more . So I quit it all and just went with meditation and spinal breathing. This calmed things down. I then slowly added the rest of the practices as advised in the lessons. The thing to keep in mind is the AYP meditation and Spinal breathing are very powerful practices... so make sure you are stable with them before you start adding things.

Wish you all the best.
And... welcome to the AYP forums.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  3:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums, CE

Shanti answered you beautifully, so I have nothing to add there.

I'm also someone who added practices too quickly in the beginning. Best to take your time with them. Believe me, progress gets pretty fast once some groundwork has been done. The sooner you get to a stable, sustainable level (i.e. not going too fast), the more your practice will take off.

It's a joyous path and I wish you a great ride!

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

ConsciousEvolution

India
29 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  10:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit ConsciousEvolution's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the swift and pertinent replies!

Love and Light
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000