Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 IBS and loss of semen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  07:21:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am suffering fro Irritable bowel syndrom(IBS) for last ten years. I always have constipation. Althouh recently it is controlled a little by Homaeo medicine there is no great change. Everytime I have to apply force to evecuate my bowels. Now this has started showing its side effects. I am loosing semen almost everyday from one year.Thats intolerable for a brahmachari.But I have no choice as long as IBS is there.
I feel very tired always. IBS itself causes tiredness due to indigetion and constipation. I dont know if the fatigue is due to the loss of semen
Does loss of semen without orgasm cause energy loss?
If not then how Vajroli works?
How by just preserving semen after orgasm stop the energy loss as in vajroli?
Where the semen that drawnback in Vajroli Goes? Will it reach testicle or Bladder ?
Help pls

hemanthks

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  4:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit hemanthks's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Shivoham:

For IBS, why don't you try Urene Therapy (Amaroli) if you are open to it. Recently I was reading "The Golden Fountain - Complete Guide to Urine Therapy", and if I recall correctly, it does mention that it cures IBS.

Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  12:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by hemanthks

Namaste Shivoham:

For IBS, why don't you try Urene Therapy (Amaroli) if you are open to it. Recently I was reading "The Golden Fountain - Complete Guide to Urine Therapy", and if I recall correctly, it does mention that it cures IBS.

I have been doing it for one n a half year. It never cured any of my problem
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  11:29:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shivoham,

I don't understand the direct correlation between IBS and semen loss. Is the semen loss from the medicine? Or from some other factor? Can you please clarify?

I've had IBS in the past, and so, might be able to help ... but when I had IBS, I never noticed any connection between IBS and semen/sexual function (other than the fact that when IBS symptoms were up, any sexual inclination was down ...).

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  04:48:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

Hi Shivoham,

I don't understand the direct correlation between IBS and semen loss. Is the semen loss from the medicine? Or from some other factor? Can you please clarify?

I've had IBS in the past, and so, might be able to help ... but when I had IBS, I never noticed any connection between IBS and semen/sexual function (other than the fact that when IBS symptoms were up, any sexual inclination was down ...).

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

That has no direct connection. It happens due to the pressure that I have to apply to evacuate the bowels
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  7:14:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks for the clarification.

I'd guess that the vast majority of your fatigue is likely from the constipation.

Constipation is one of the most fatigue-inducing symptoms a person can have. Energy loss from expelling semen (whether via orgasm or not), actually subsides and/or goes away, after a certain amount of purification has occurred from yogic practices, as Christi recently pointed out in another thread.

Opinions vary as to whether the loss of semen or the orgasm is the primary cause of energy loss, but presuming that you're losing less semen from the straining than with orgasm, and not having an orgasms, my guess would be that the constipation is the source of your fatigue, more than the semen loss.

Some things that might help both symptoms (constipation/straining & semen loss from straining) ...

*Drink more water (a lot more; triple/quadruple what you drink now, unless you already drink a lot; most constipation is from dehydration more than anything).

*Exercise (twenty to thirty minutes per day kicks in aspects of metabolism that directly help digestion/bowel movements).

*Eat yogurt (the "good bacteria" in yogurt helps facilitate bowel movements).

*Daily practices (helps reduce anxiety, and helps with overall systemic balance).

Vajroli is part physical, part subtle energy. Some of the benefits of vajroli may be from retaining some/all of the semen, but (as with the way tantric energy retention works for women) much of the energetic benefit of vajroli comes from bringing the energy "in and up" instead of expressing it outward with abandon, somewhat similar to the way spinal breathing is done.

The semen drawn back from vajroli is returned into the bladder, and absorbed there; it doesn't go farther back than the bladder.

I hope this is useful.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  06:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you are right.My fatigue is mostly due to constipation. One more major reason is my blocked nose due to sinusitis and one more major reason is yoga itself :) When yoga is done with blocked nose it can create fatigue as it exhaust prana. Now I have even left Yoga, my last commitment. Now I feel completely free and energetic and spiritually more uplifted ;)

Thank u for your advices. I must try yogurt.
Is yogurt and curd is same? I dont eat curd as it aggravate my cold.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  10:03:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shivoham

you are right.My fatigue is mostly due to constipation. One more major reason is my blocked nose due to sinusitis and one more major reason is yoga itself :) When yoga is done with blocked nose it can create fatigue as it exhaust prana. Now I have even left Yoga, my last commitment. Now I feel completely free and energetic and spiritually more uplifted ;)

Thank u for your advices. I must try yogurt.
Is yogurt and curd is same? I dont eat curd as it aggravate my cold.

I'm not really sure about the different between yogurt and curd ... I Googled a bit, and it seems sometimes the terms are used for the same thing, especially in India. If you're familiar with raita, in the U.S., we call that "yogurt", if that helps you figure out what I mean.

I've had sinus issues, too, off and on ... personally, I continue daily practice of pranayama (spinal breathing) and deep meditation; it doesn't seem to make the sinus issues worse, and if anything, helps.

The one thing that really helps me with sinus-related stuff is neti pot; I highly recommend that, if you haven't tried it. Another thing that has helped me greatly is chiropractic care (spinal adjustments, especially in the neck area, help a lot).

Spinal breathing, especially long-term, might help with digestion, as well; something about oxygenation of the blood, and digestion; I'm not super-familiar with the details; maybe someone else here may be.

I hope that helps, as well.

All the best!

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  05:27:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually curd and Yogurt are different. Curd has many bacterias where yogurt has selected bacterias which are good for something. I searched in nearby stores for Yogurt but none of them have even heard about it :) So I may have to go to big supermarkets or try making at home.

You had said that you had IBS. Pls tell me how did you cure that
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  10:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Actually curd and Yogurt are different. Curd has many bacterias where yogurt has selected bacterias which are good for something. I searched in nearby stores for Yogurt but none of them have even heard about it :) So I may have to go to big supermarkets or try making at home.

You had said that you had IBS. Pls tell me how did you cure that

Okay ... good luck with the yogurt search; hopefully, big supermarkets will have it.

My IBS was a long time ago ... it was mostly in my early to late 20s, and I'm in my late 40s, now (and I'm a LOT healthier, in every way, than I was then. ... and feel a LOT younger, too!)

Basically, back then, I internalized an unspeakable amount of stress; I was constantly thinking, judging, worrying, evaluating, judging, feeling judged, and so on .... all in all, a very bad dream, indeed.

I also, at various times, consumed certain things (a lot of coffee at certain points, a lot of alcohol, at others), that aggravated the IBS (this was all way before yoga and meditation).

As you may know, IBS tends to be more of an issue for people ages roughly 20-35 ... and that's about the age range that I had it.

In recent years, AYP has vastly improved every facet of my physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health ... far beyond the ability of any words to describe.

My stress levels are zero (mostly because there's no "my" ), and a peaceful body-mind is a happy/healthy body-mind.

Every so often I have run-of-the-mill health issues, and every so often something digestive, but not at all like IBS (where symptoms were severe, and often seemingly "out of the blue").

As with any health issue, I might suggest addressing the underlying causes, more than the IBS symptoms ... hence the recommendations of water, yogurt and exercise, all of which tend to greatly relieve constipation, as well as daily practices (spinal breathing and meditation, though of course, use your own best judgment on spinal breathing, per what you said about sinusitis ... though as I mentioned, pranayama/spinal breathing and neti pot, together, actually seemed to help my sinus symptoms). Yogurt, exercise and increasing water intake have helped reduce sinus/allergy issues for me, as well ... and improved digestion has seemed to reduce sinus/allergy symptoms, as well.

Basically (remembering: I'm not a doctor, but have experienced this, myself) .. it seems as though your constipation may well be your core health issue ... if you can improve it (via daily exercise, increased water intake, and some yogurt every day, which should work, if you don't have any other underlying health issues) ... you may find that other aspects of IBS, sinusitis, fatigue, semen loss, etc. ..... all go away. And so, that's well worth a shot, I'd say.

My diet is far from "yogic", and I found that the additions of yogurt, water and exercise make a huge positive difference, in terms of good digestion, general energy level and sense of well-being, fewer sinus and allergy symptoms, higher quality sleep, fewer headaches, etc. .... and the main *symptom* that was relieved in my case was constipation .... the other things listed improved once digestion improved.

In my experience, though, daily practices are key, because they help to facilitate systemic purification, including greater awareness ... which directly and greatly reduces stress, as long as we don't continue in the trap of over-focus on thoughts and feelings.

The greatly reduced stress helps to alleviate a whole host of stress-related health issues that many of us experience. Since IBS tends to be brought on, and/or aggravated by stress ... I would guess daily practices would help with IBS, too (I'm not sure what your current practices if any, are).

I hope this is useful.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on May 25 2010 10:35:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  01:40:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank u for such a big reply.
I have been practicing Kriya yoga regularly for last 2 years.Recently I have also tried various practices like Qi Gong, Tai chi etc . All these are amazing practices. Unfortunately they never improved any of my conditions but aggravated them. I never had that good time what I had before I started practicing any yoga. Now I have stopped all practices and feels more energetic and ecstatic. Sometime I feel that I am an alien and the practices I am doing is not for me but for Human on the earth.
I cant do spinal breathing as I will be exhausted with this blocked nose.
I have tried enough in that way. Now let me be natural and go through this Ayurvedic treatment which I am getting now :)
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  04:15:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I cant do spinal breathing as I will be exhausted with this blocked nose.

Hi Shivoham,

of course it's best if we breath through the nose but you can also do it by breathing through your mouth.

love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  08:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I have tried enough in that way. Now let me be natural and go through this Ayurvedic treatment which I am getting now :)

That sounds good. Ayurveda will help. So will amaroli. My dad (who has had sinus problems all his life) has recently started doing acupuncture and that has helped him a lot. Just throwing out suggestions. Hope you feel uncongested soon.
And oh ya... I agree with Ananda, you can do spinal breathing through your mouth if needed.
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  11:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thats just another Ayurvedic treatment by an another doctor. Nothing new but lets see.
Increased the dose of amroli. Drink n die
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  07:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Kirtanman

Okay ... good luck with the yogurt search; hopefully, big supermarkets will have it.

No bro, I have searched in all the supermarket I saw. But none of them keep it now.They have only curd. I think nobody buy that here.Now I will see if I can make it at home
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  5:38:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Kirtanman

No bro, I have searched in all the supermarket I saw. But none of them keep it now.They have only curd. I think nobody buy that here.Now I will see if I can make it at home

Hi Shivoham,

I wish I could help more w/that part ... but apparently the curd/yogurt distinction and definition *is* pretty confusing in India (if you Google the words "curd", "yogurt" and "india" .... there's a lot of info online).

My fairly strong guess is: it's the specific bacteria that "makes yogurt yogurt" that helped so much with digestion.

And so, if you have any other resource that could help you get past the constipation symptom of your IBS ... I'm guessing that every other symptom will probably improve (semen loss, sinus issues,etc. ... constipation creates a host of other health issues, including those ... and so, fix the constipation ... and you'll likely feel a lot better).

Yogurt just happened to work for me, in conjunction with greatly increasing water intake, and 20-30 minutes true cardio exercise (having my heart rate in the target zone for close to that entire time) at least 4-5 times per week.

It seemed to be the combination of water, exercise and yogurt that made such a big difference, and so, I would say: try water, exercise and [insert natural laxative of choice here], and see how that works (if the yogurt proves really difficult).

Essentially: I don't think the yogurt was a "magic cure"; just a good natural laxative. Increasing fiber can help a lot, too; there are probably several (at least) good natural cures for constipation.

I would think that that (relieving constipation), along with doing whatever you can to keep your sense of stress at a minimum, would be the two most helpful things you could do (to feel better, both short and long term).

And so, a good natural remedy for the constipation (along with water and exercise, which help keep everything in your system that's related to good digestion flowing as smoothly as possible .... so to speak ... ), plus stress relief (daily practices, and "good old fashioned" acceptance of what is, are the best tool I know of, there).

Again, all the best!

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

PS- I was amazed at how MUCH difference the water/exercise/yogurt combination made, in the way I felt, in just a week or two, when I first tried it .. and again ... the last item may not need to be yogurt; it's just easy to get in the U.S., and surprisingly effective ... but other options (than yogurt) may work just as well, too.

Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  12:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These days I am feeling better overall.
My IBS, fatigue and other problems are not much bothering me these days.
These are the things I have done.

Stopped yoga practice
Skipped one meal to reduce the rice intake as rice is not good for me.
Practiced Chi Gong cleansing.
Increased the amount of Shivambu
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  12:08:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

[quote]Originally posted by Shivoham

[quote][i]Originally posted by Kirtanman

PS- I was amazed at how MUCH difference the water/exercise/yogurt combination made, in the way I felt, in just a week or two, when I first tried it .. and again ... the last item may not need to be yogurt; it's just easy to get in the U.S., and surprisingly effective ... but other options (than yogurt) may work just as well, too.

It is indeed a luck to find the right combination for an IBS sufferer as it can be so unique
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  2:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sivoham,

I hope that the ayurvedic treatment will work for you. I recommend trying this product: http://www.blessedherbs.com/Interna...-P-3882.html

Also, you can always try water fasting (using purified/filtered and distilled water) but if you do that make sure you do some kind of colon cleanse once a day or at least every couple days (such as enema).

I think these 2 could help you.

Good luck,
Lili
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  11:40:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lilli. thank u for the advice.
I take Triphala Churna as laxative. But all these things can only make the stool loose. They wont do anything for increasing the bowel movements.Helpful though.
I fast only on full moon day. I will try doing enema with Brihat Triphala churna
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  05:37:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sivoham,

These two are not a one-day options like your current fast. The idea behind both is to get very thorough purification of your GI tract, enabling its improved functioning overall. This is only possible if you undertake them for a more extensive period--e.g. water fasting >1 week, same with the Blessed Herbs program. That second one may be easier for you as it can be done with juice and vegetable broth as opposed to just water. If I were you I would give them a try. You could also try reading Nutrition according to your blood type by Dr D'Adamo--describing which foods you metabolize better and also offering tips for problems such as yours. Good luck, Lili
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  11:27:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lilli,Thank u for ur help. But now I am not in a situation to experiment with those products.
Instead I feel that the advices and diet in this site very useful and convincing to me.
http://www.ibsexplained.com/stop_IBS.html
Go to Top of Page

hemanthks

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  4:53:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit hemanthks's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Lilli,Thank u for ur help. But now I am not in a situation to experiment with those products.
Instead I feel that the advices and diet in this site very useful and convincing to me.
http://www.ibsexplained.com/stop_IBS.html

Namaste Shivoham:

Wondering how you are doing? Please do update.

Thanks,
Hemanth
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  11:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Man, nothing have ever done so good as stopping the yoga practice and the Diet did. High fat low fiber diet is the way to reduce the IBS symptoms.
Yoga asanas that exerts pressure in the abdomen and work with the muscles there are actually the villain who aggravates the nervous disorder called IBS for me. Its the high content of insoluble fiber in the cereals and legumes that aggravates the symptoms.
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  11:02:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My IBS have almost gone after I did reiki just for one day. Now I have been doing it for over a month. Now my life is not much controlled by IBS. Reiki is fast for curing IBS because IBS is a nervous disorder. Reiki works directly on nerves
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000