Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 night sweats?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  2:52:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys, for the last couple of weeks I've been experiencing night sweats and increasing joint pain - bad enough to wake me up several times at night (no notable hot flashes or joint pain during the day). I'm also experiencing incredibly vivid dreams.

I can see how the dreams might be indicative of overload, but what about the night sweats and nightly joint pain?

Thanks for any info/insight, my friends :)

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  8:28:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wigswest

I can see how the dreams might be indicative of overload, but what about the night sweats and nightly joint pain?

Hi wigs, I've never heard of this as an overload symptom, but I guess anything is possible. How do you feel emotionally? (You don't have to answer, I'm just suggesting you look). When physical symptoms arise that can be explained "non-yogically", I usually check my mood/emotions. But that's just me... I don't like to jump to conclusions when there's a possible "normal" explanation.

Don't know if that helps, but I find emotions are a pretty good measuring rod.

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  9:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi cosmic, thanks for answering...I realized after I posted this that I've had whole-body joint pain before (during the daytime) in response to overload and to openings. I've been doing a lot of energy work the last couple of weeks (other systems besides AYP...yeah, I know ;), so I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

The night sweats are new, tho, and that's why I was wondering if anyone here had encountered them in response to their practice...if they don't fade away in a few days, I'll look to other causes.

Oh, and emotions? I've been irritable as all get-out (my poor doggies! ;), which is a pretty good marker for overload as well where I'm concerned... ;)

Namaste :)

Edited by - wigswest on Mar 22 2010 9:19:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  10:43:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha yes, you know what to do then

Wishing you a smooth ride!

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  02:16:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i am also sweating at night since a few week and i have to change my night clothes almost every day.
I dont know why but i suppose it is a result of my AYP practice.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  07:54:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is a phase... I go through periods of night sweats along with very high energy and heat rising from root to third eye, burning up my back. It can last for a night or a few nights at a time, then it settles down.

I have not experienced joint pain at night only though. So cant help you with that.
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  9:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Night sweats and joint pain gone now - evidently all overload symptoms, thanks for answers guys :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000