Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 ?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ashwathama

India
17 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  06:09:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ashwathama's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I dont Understand?!

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  07:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What is it you dont understand Ashwathama?

Let us know and maybe we can help.
Go to Top of Page

Ashwathama

India
17 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  07:42:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ashwathama's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

I tend to go through these phases, Oscillating between hope and despair (like most of us do I am sure!).Sometimes after all the effort and trying to better myself i just run out of steam .Then arise these questions!.What is the purpose of 'Being' ?Why are we so messed up?why is there always a mountain to climb?
Why so much baggage? why so serious?!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  08:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Well as you said, it is normal to go though phases like this.

Are you into any kind of spiritual practice? Do you meditate?

Go to Top of Page

Ashwathama

India
17 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  08:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ashwathama's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes,I have been practicing spinal breathing and deep meditation for the last 6 months or so and thankyou for taking interest in my ramblings shanti
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  08:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Well its not "ramblings" at all... we have all been through these ups and downs... and when down.. well it's not fun.

So you know about self pacing right? Make sure you do some self pacing when going through a low.

You are going through some purification... and this will pass. Till then, go out and do something fun.. watch a movie with friends, play with kids, talk to non-spiritual friends, being from India, I am sure you do walk a lot , if not, go on walks.. eat heavier... do grounding stuff. Do stuff that will take you mind off this low phase. Since you know it's a cycle... this low will be gone very soon... and as you continue with your practice... the highs and lows will become lesser and lesser.

The less you allow your mind to make stories about your low phase, the faster you will be out of this phase...keep reminding yourself "it is just a phase and it will be gone real soon". The easiest way (esp. in the beginning) to stop the mind from spinning stories is to distract it with something else.

Hope this helps.

Wish you a quick "out" from this low phase.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  09:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes,it will pass.I published a similar post many months ago.
It will pass,dont worry.Im sure.Keep practicing and find support here in the forums

Edited by - miguel on Mar 22 2010 09:37:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ashwathama

India
17 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  12:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ashwathama's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou so much Shanti and miguel.i really appreciate this.I will try and distract myself.

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000